[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So this is gonna sound of pretty pathetic but there is this fictional

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: 1497300439836.jpg (18KB, 307x309px) Image search: [Google]
1497300439836.jpg
18KB, 307x309px
So this is gonna sound of pretty pathetic but there is this fictional character I really like, I used to draw them and RP all that jazz. I even have over a thousand different pieces of art work. So my main problem is I think I'm overly fond of them? Because whenever I see someone else post them or heaven forbid post rule 34 of them I actually get sad and my heart sinks. I honestly have no idea why, I use think Waifu and husband was a joke but fuck, I want to get over this. What do?

Now I don't think I'm completely obsessed, cause I keep that shit out of my real life and I don't waste money buying pillows or whatever merchandise. But still it's worrying.
>>
>>18426252
what character, it matters
>>
>>18426280
I don't want to say. It's embarrassing
>>
>>18426629
cant be worse than half the shit ive seen, plus its all anonymous
>>
>>18426252
Try to figure out why you are obsessed with said fictional character. Do they contain a characteristic or trait you wish you had in a partner, or, one that compliments your own traits? Are they fulfilling a need of yours? Try to fill that need another way.
>>
File: 1494017591176.png (374KB, 798x427px) Image search: [Google]
1494017591176.png
374KB, 798x427px
>>18426252
On a scale from Sonic to Sherlock Holmes, how embarrassing is your fictional character?
>>
Just force yourself to masturbate to her and in a while you will forget about it.
Source : once thought the same of Elsa from Frozen and ended up not fapping for a month
>>
File: 62W31s.gif (2MB, 320x176px) Image search: [Google]
62W31s.gif
2MB, 320x176px
>>18426655
It's not cartoony or furshit I'll tell you that. Like I said I havent bought any merch or talk about it irl. So im not at Chris Chan levels. I just don't want that shit traced back to me.

>>18426649
I'd say both desu. I role play as them from time to time. One of my best characters, I've been told.

>>18427068
I couldn't. I'm not sexually attracted to the character.
>>
>>18426252
Okay, so you have an obvious fixation. When did you BEGIN to fixate? We're there aspects of your situation that this fixation may have helped to alleviate?
Perhaps rather than 'filling a need' (or in conjunction) you have developed it as a tool to utilize in certain circumstances?
>>
>>18427443
Sometime last year. I liked to RP as said character as a nice way to escape and relieve stress. I don't even do it that much anymore but I still hate seeing them get lewded or what not. I wouldn't call it a tool or a need really.
>>
>>18427465
Okay, stress relief makes sense. As far as being bothered by lewds, am I correct that it's not that the image is lewd, but purely the character that bothers?
>>
>>18427499
Yes you would be.
>>
>>18427505
Well, it sounds like this isn't an ordinary fixation. I think you may have inadvertently created something of a tulpa. There's other possibilities of course. Is the character the same gender as you?
>>
>>18426252
Roleplayed as a fictional character during 2001 - 2008. (no e-RP) I still look up artwork when I feel depressed. I think it's healthy coping mechanism.
>>
>>18427517
Yea. I hope it's not a Tulpa. I heard that's schizophrenic shit.
>>
Should I just stop giving af?
>>
>>18426629
I spent like 8 years in love with a Shaman King character.

It can't be worse than that.
>>
File: milo-yiannopoulos.jpg (61KB, 736x457px) Image search: [Google]
milo-yiannopoulos.jpg
61KB, 736x457px
>>18428138
Oh stop, tulpas are lovely. It humans that are crazy as fuck.
Seriously though, aside the adverse response to lewd (which to me suggests internalized dissociation from the stimuli ergo the "them" inside 'you' is repulsed by the "them" seen outside 'you'), it seems a heavy attachment.
Tulpas are surprisingly commong among roleplaying individuals/groups (especially unknowingly) of whatever genre/medium. They're only harmful in otherwise unstable/harmful people. There's some good resources in /trash/ if you'd like to casually inquire.
>>
>>18429478
I'll look into it. I just heard horror stories. Like one guy who made a Tulpa but after a while it started haunting him.
>>
>>18429162
What made you stop?
>>
File: Take_Care_Bear.jpg (10KB, 200x230px) Image search: [Google]
Take_Care_Bear.jpg
10KB, 200x230px
>>18429532
Again, I suggest he was off long before he had a tulpa. You'll never hear about most tulpas 'cuz it never becomes an issue. People have been using tulpas (under different names) for thousands of years. There's also a set of resources at namefag related in VX.
And again, I could be wrong. I will say though that if it IS a tulpa, and you did not deliberately create it, then you're pretty much golden. Usually, it's the people who hear about tulpas and get ambitious that end up snafu'd.
>>
>>18430630
Thanks. Feels a bit comforting. Like I said. I just wish I wouldn't be so bothered when I see them used in a lewd way or something.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.