[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>been absolutely garbage at video games for my whole life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Sudoku.jpg (21KB, 496x480px) Image search: [Google]
Sudoku.jpg
21KB, 496x480px
>been absolutely garbage at video games for my whole life
>grow up, get martial arts as a hobby three years back (boxing and judo)
>shit at boxing but I like the technicality of the game even if I lose more than I win
>shit at judo even though I enjoy practicing, but not competing
>below average at my job, everyone's better than me, even new guys get this job faster than I did
>constantly comparing myself to the success of others and their respective skill levels against mine in my hobbies
>this is really dragging me down and making me feel like garbage all the time, even in things I enjoy

So I've got two hobbies I really fucking suck at, and everyone's better than me, and I can't even do a job well. I did okay in school and got average grades, so I'm not a dumbass.

Is there a good way to get out of this shitty attitude? Stop comparing myself to other people, and start building on my own success? I need a different way to frame my mind to work better so I can orient around success, instead of my constant mistakes at work and in my personal life.

Can I get out of this trap, anons? Or am I doomed to just be mediocre at everything I even try? And if I can't be exceptional at something, why bother trying?
>>
It's all in the DNA. Your ancestors never mastered shit but on the plus side they got really good at being mentally healthy. You have so many things you're doing, your hormonal balance must be on point. So feel good you have that and you're doing things with your life, even if the things you're doing are at a pleb tier shit level.
>>
>>18425669
I don't quite know how my ancestors would factor into my success at activities or work. If they didn't succeed, it's still not on them for me to succeed or no. Just the same, plenty of rich folks are absolutely incompetent and simply have their wealth by starting out winning the lottery.

I at least have my mental health in order, and my bodily health is doing well. And I'm able to recognize that there even is a problem, whether it's me or a mind-state I'm trapped in that's dooming me for failure.
>>
>>18425669
Pseudoscience bullshit.
>>
>>18425737
Yes you dumb fuck, that's what I said. That's exactly what I said.

Your ancestors were too dumb shits to master shit so you don't have the genes to master shit. However, they were really good at balancing out their body which is why you're so fucking active and well calibrated. Enjoy the fact you have that.

>>18425757
Genetics ain't no bullshit, Samantha, and ain't nothing you say that can make it so.
>>
You can't get good at judo in just three years. Boxing, ok, it's hard to get but you can't possibly be losing all that much. Try to move to muay thai and jiu jitsu maybe, just for the sake of trying.

Also, change jobs. It happened to me that I was doing pretty bad at my job to the point I lost it, and then I realized that I wasn't happy in it anymore.
>>
>>18425644
Being bad video games and martial arts might just mean you have bad reflexes, maybe find something you like that involves less of that. Maybe consider something more about endurance (eg. running or cycling), or a careful hand (eg. making stuff, practical or artistic), or subtle thinking (eg. chess or something like that). Just random ideas.

Try this test, what do you get?
https://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime
>>
>>18425971
FYI:
>The median reaction time is 270 milliseconds.
>The average reaction time is 281 milliseconds.
>>
OP pls respond
>>
>>18425930
Perhaps a change in jobs is needed. And yes, to keep at the martial arts if I really want to do them. Maybe a taster in Muay Thai will help.
>>18425971
I'll give the test a shot, see how well I rank.
>>
>>18426222
254ms average reaction time. So I'm above average.
>>
>>18426245
i got 418, how in the fuck do i preform well in different genres of video games
>>
>>18425644

How much time do you dedicate to your activities? Can you tell me about the history of them? What idols do you look up to?
>>
>>18426304
My favorite boxer is Thomas Hearns. Him and my boxing coach, I look up to. I respect the Judo instructor I have, but I'm not as passionate about competitive Judo.

So far, I attend two Boxing classes a week, and one Judo.The Boxing is about one hour each, and the Judo is two hours.
>>
>>18426349
how much training are you doing on your own time outside the classes?

how much one-on-one coaching have you had?

how much sparring have you done?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.