[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be me >27 >Always a weirdo >Kissless virgin >Never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

>Be me
>27
>Always a weirdo
>Kissless virgin
>Never had a job
>High school dropout
>No friends
>Etc
>Last night
>Randomly start talking to sister about elementary school
>Go over all the weird shit I did
>Realize there's a lot
>Wonder aloud, jokingly, if there was some kind of problem
>She suggests Aspergers
>Always heard "aspie" as a pejorative slur for fucks like me
>Look it up for the first time
>Learn about "Little Professor Syndrome"
>Aware of confirmation bias and the danger of self diagnosis
>Trying to be cautious
>Regardless, all of the fucko stories I told my sister are described in the articles I've been reading
>Realization hits me like a ton of bricks
>The personality issues that have ruined my life may have been caused by a neurological disorder
>Can't stop shaking, crying and questioning my entire existence

What the fuck can I do? Should I kill myself?
>>
>>18425132
No. Don't kill yourself. You've now learned what the problem is. Now fix it.
>>
>>18425151

I don't think it's something that can be fixed.
>>
Resuming education would be a wonderful start.
>>
>>18425206
It can. Mental disorders have all kinds of treatments that can put your life on the right track

You just need to do is commit to wanting to make your life better anon. It's hard, but I have faith in you
>>
>>18425132
Do you have some interests you could build a career around?
>>
Smoke weed and do it scientifically.
Asperger's is simply when your empathetic abilities are misaligned (able to feel and think but not good at expressing them and communicating with other people). You're a bit closer to the autistic side on the spectrum but it doesn't mean you stay there forever. Human psychology is weird, and can be developed with the right methods.

So here's what I suggest you should do:
1. Read more about Asperger's and the autistic spectrum to understand more about it. Also read about sociopathy. (Search for "Lack of emotions" on TV tropes, some very useful articles there on this subject). Realize that these are very common problems and there are many solutions.

2. Smoke weed. Hang out with people. Learn to communicate and live in the moment. Find the right balance between thinking and feeling. Learn how to express and communicate your thoughts and feelings. Practice makes perfect, and being high on THC helps you progress faster.

This can take years, but it's feasible and scientifically tested, and has yielded empirical results. All I can tell you is that, it works.
>>
>>18425262

I have no use for education.

>>18425279

I have no idea how I would even go about seeing a doctor, let along getting actual treatment.

>>18425289

Art, which is what I've spent the last six years of my life working towards.

>>18425337

Smoke weed and read TV Tropes? What in the fuck.
>>
>>18425350
How's the art thing going
>>
>>18425407

I've gotta get over the hump and the only way to do that is through hard, repetitive study and that's where I lose focus.
>>
>>18425350
>I have no use for education.

Holy fucking balls.

It doesn't have to be textbook, It coul-

Fuck this, I'm out.
>>
Everyone could be labeled with some kind of "mental illness" from the DSM.

ADHD for example was voted into existence in 1980, it wasn't discovered, it was voted into existence.

Psychiatry is a pseudoscience, and the labels they fabricate are not actual diseases, they are classifications.

There is no physical test you can get to tell if you have a mental illness. The diagnosis is done in a very loose arbitrary manner. You could take one person to two different psychiatrists and come out with a wildly different diagnosis.

I'm fucking insane, I would have tons of labels from the DSM, everyone could have at least one though.
>>
>>18425464

What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>18425537
"I have no use for education" is a stupid statement.
>>
>>18425549

He told me to finish my high school education, which I have no use for.
>>
Ok you ever find yourself interested in something very specific And enjoy memorizing things?
>>
Go to a proper psychiatrist and get yourself diagnosed before you start jumping to any conclusions, your looney (just kidding, we don't know whether you're a looney yet)
>>
>>18425769

Yes, all my life.

Right now it's the show Survivor.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.