[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Riding motorcycles is the only joy in my life. I absolutely love

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 454041.jpg (98KB, 800x527px) Image search: [Google]
454041.jpg
98KB, 800x527px
Riding motorcycles is the only joy in my life. I absolutely love the adrenaline rush of going fast around corners and I try to improve everyday.
I think i'm addicted to it. Everytime I'm not on my motorcycle I think about it. It feels like it's the only reason I live.
I just can't ride sensibly because the adrenaline rush is too damn addicting.
I'm scared I might end up in a wheelchair because of my desire to push more and more and then I will never ride again. Death doesn't really scare me because I don't have anything to live for anyway but I don't want to hurt my parents at the same time.

If I decide to never ride hard again I will die because of my depression. It is only when I'm on my motorcycle that I'm not suicidal, and without it I would rather be dead. But if I continue like this I will probably end up dead too, or even worse I end up being a vegetable.

What do I do? I don't have money to go to the race track. And I can't give up the only joy in my life.

Pic is (sadly) not me.
>>
If you're an adrenaline junkie it is best not to let yourself dry out. But in your case you need to artificially limit yourself for your fix.
For example, buy a bike with a much lower speed limit for safety sake, it would probably be more affordable to you as well. Or maybe get your dream bike but only use it during trips on long empty freeway every few months or so.
>>
>>18424285
I have a slow bike and it's part of the problem. It's why I have to ride twice as hard in the corners to keep up with the big guys.
>>
>>18424226
there are loads of other things that can get you a rush, but if you love riding that much then why not. My dad is a para from a bike accident in his 20's and now he rides a three-wheeler and enjoys himself. My homie who was 23 didn't fare to well and got decapitated from a crash last year, RIP. Gotta decide if the rush is worth the risk for you.
>>
>>18424327
Fast bike is not really worth the trouble when used on city roads. No matter how skilled you are at dodging traffics there are always reckless idiots also occupying the same space as you, the worst offenders are those old farts that never use their rear view mirror. Perhaps your slow bike is a blessing in disguise.
>>
>>18424328

That is the dillema in my head. You feel alive at most when you are close to death is a famous line and very true. Is it worth it? I think it is now, but I might think otherwise when I'm a vegetable.
I am a bit scared of myself, but when I'm on a motorcycle I don't think about what could happen, I only think about the best line through the next turn.
>>
>>18424359
It's pretty crazy. My dad always talks about how he would give anything to start over and wouldn't ride, you can tell he's been depressed his whole life since getting put in a chair. But at the same time he still does crazy shit for a rush and I can tell that if he got the ability to walk again he would hop right back on a bike. Have you seen "The Wrestler"?
>>
I feel you, OP.

Though my situation is not nearly as severe as yours.

And I don't ride anymore since I'm living with my parents and their house, their rules kinda stuff.

Ride hard, but ride safe. Don't go balls deep through a blind corner or something and push yourself only on roads you're familiar with.

Enjoy
>>
I have an FZ09 and I just try to enjoy going regular speeds. I haven't gone over 85 and legitimately enjoy the feeling of accelerating at any speed. Not trying to push the limits, but still a high enough chance I'll get squashed. Such is life.
>>
>>18424530
>have a wheelie machine
>haven't gone fast

4shame
>>
there's NO way around the race track for you. when there's a will, there's a way.
you need to overhaul your budget and make room for it. my brother badly wanted to do professional cart races, but he was just a teen with no money. but he REALLY wantet to be on the track, so he found ways. he's very handy, so he helped others repair their carts, helped out on the tracks and so on, till he got well known and liked and everybody let him drive a few rounds with thwir carts and so on. eventually, people started to give him parts they didn't need anymore and he always wished for parts for bday and xmas. finally, he had his own race cart and since he was already a staple at the track, the owner let him on it for free.

just as an example. you have to set your mind to it and you WILL get there in one way or another.

just saying "i can't afford it" and giving up is NOT on the menu.
>>
File: ed.jpg (158KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
ed.jpg
158KB, 720x960px
I get you, bro
After my break up with my GF of 4 years, I bought a bike and it didn't run I rebuilt it from the ground up

Now whenever I feel down I just ride doesn't matter where or how fast just the feeling of freedom and self-accomplishment is enough

bottom line enjoy what you have, a tool for freedom just ride because you can and enjoy it.

Pic related Venox 250cc small bike but I love it to bits
>>
>>18424226
You need to get on a racetrack. Full stop. You are not only a danger to yourself, but to others. If you truly love it as much as you say you do, then work for it and put up the money to get on a track. Consider getting a job related to the race track.
>>
What about having sex with a man in your racing gear (helmet included)?
>>
going like a madman on the street will cost you sooner than later,it might not even be your fault at a first glance but youll still be the one paying for it.i strongly advice going for a dirt bike,its hype as fk,youll thirst for the next trail,itll be enough to keep you sane thru the week till you ride again,dirt is fun as fk,youll also improve your riding skills.

All you need is some nice trails close to your location and youre good to go,you also dont need stress over the ccs ,a 125 is plenty for a dirt beginner and youll see you can have fun on a small displacement too.Also obvious adrenaline hoping thru hills and whatnot.ill start saving for a dirt myself soon,pretty much only reason i look forward to working again,from a bike guy to another
>>
>>18424226
>Pic is (sadly) not me.
I hate him so much OP. It legitimately triggered me to see the pic of your thread in the catalog.
>>
>>18424226
I can relate. I was in the same spot as you about 2 years ago. You need to overcome your depression (i.e. the things that lead to that desperation because most people have a reason to be depressed). Back then I was in despair because I was about to drop out of college but I made a huge effort and finally made it.

Nowadays I mostly cruise. Also I enjoy cruising by car and listen to music since I was able to remove the underlying issue that caused suicidal motorcycling.

By the way where are you located? I was lucky to be in Germany with permissive traffic rules and better trained car drivers than in the USA.
>>
>>18425384
Try this.
>>
>>18424226
Visit bestgore daily
>Daily motorcycle gore from Asia and Brazil
>Those people dont just get killed, before that they get dismembered and smeared on several meters of road.
>proven method
Also browsing bestgore gave me a calm feeling when I was depressed
>>
>>18424226
Im an adrenaline junkie too! There are lot of other things you havent done:
Skydive
Bungie jump
Swim with sharks
Get lost in the everglades
Go to a foriegn country (or juarez mexico)
Travel to Syria! Hell I even went there in 2012/2013!
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.