[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About 8 months ago, a therapist prescribed medicine that finally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: divided-couple-140513.jpg (25KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
divided-couple-140513.jpg
25KB, 360x240px
About 8 months ago, a therapist prescribed medicine that finally helped my bfs depression. Since then, his whole life has turned around. He's more active, more social, capable of holding a steady job and whatever setbacks he goes through are within normal ranges and he is able to pull himself back to normal in no time. All in all, things are great.

On my end, however I find myself feeling a kind of fear that he will be on this medicine for the rest of his life. Before this medicine, he was battling depression since he was 16 (he's 27 now). I just wonder if he will ever live a steady life without this medicines influence in addition to wondering if it's really him who is making all these changes happen or if it's him "under the influence of the chemicals in the medicine". I know that sounds unreasonable, which is why I've come seeking advice.

Please help me dispell my ignorance on this matter /adv/.
>>
>>18423037
replace his medicin with some tictacs or w/e
>>
>>18423037
Why the fuck does it matter? Grow up you fucking child.
>>
>>18423069
I would do that
>>
>>18423090

And then he'll wonder why in the fuck you feel like messing up his life.
>>
And so do you think it was "really him" when he was depressed by his chemical imbalance and mental disorder?

Think about how stupid your question is.
>>
>>18423155
This, drugs should be used if they help someone. They prescribe vicodin for depression in Europe ffs. As long as a doctor is supervising PROPERLY there is no issue.
>>
>>18423037
In the end, the pills are helping him and not you. He has to deal with the consequenses if you try to subtly replace his medicine and would be in my eyes reason enough to break up.

If it really is such a concer for you, fucking TALK about it with him. Voice your caring concern. If he agrees, try to see (with medical supervision) if it is possible for him to function without/a reduced dose, and go back to the prescripes formula if it doesnt.

Again: It is HIS (mental) health, not you. Dont do stupid shit.
>>
>>18423037
No he's not under the influence. The pills make him happy. So he thinks happy thoughts. Which results in better life decisions. If he was naturally happy without the pills, he would exhibit the same results.
>>
>>18423155
This is the way to think of it, really.

When somebody has clinical depression, their brain is literally broken. It has a chemical imbalance which is causing it to act in an abnormal, 'wrong' way. You take medication to counteract that chemical imbalance, making it work the way that it should. That is the 'real him.'
>>
>>18423037
I have to live my life on heart meds what's the difference? Your boyfriend has a chemical imbalance that makes him miserable. If a pill makes him less miserable and isn't causing a bunch of negative effects like dulled emotions or some other shit what's the issue? It takes him like five seconds a day tops to take a pill.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.