[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Girlfriend of three years now is coming on another trip to America

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 20170610_120719.jpg (3MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170610_120719.jpg
3MB, 4032x2268px
Girlfriend of three years now is coming on another trip to America (Swiss). And since her first trip here, I packed my bags, found work and decied to nestle myself in the state of North Carolina. In the same area she comes to live with her relatives for a while. I even let her live with me come the second time she came back when I had found my own place to live in. My bond with her is like no other and we know eachother inside and out. In a few weeks, she'll be back with me, living with me for about three to four months. We've talked about living together, though, me making the move to live with her in Switzerland as I've always wanted to leave this place. And so we've talked a lot about how I could apply for citizenship and whatnot. I've been working on German, still am and have been looking heavily into applying for Swiss citizenship. A while back, we talked about how I would work to get there. About a little over a year ago, jokingly, we brought up citizenship through marriage which we both knew would make things worlds easier. She said she wouldn't mind being married to me and that I'm the only person she would be fine with being in that sort of contract with someone.
>>
Had to break up text. :'(

(Cont.) We both pretty much laughed at said idea and went on to work to be with eachother as often as possible and seeing eachother as much as financially possible.
Fast forward to the now. She'll be back and living with me again as highly approved by her mother. I've been thinking a lot about that time we had talked marriage briefly and have found myself fantasizing more then often us being married and such. This has been my longest and deepest relationship and we both want to be together and grow old together. Marriage would only seem natural, but not everyone is like that, and we share pretty damn similar ideals on such matters. I want to ask her to marry, I want to pop the question but I don't know if I should. To both be binded to her in another form of contract and to better my chances of being with her. What do?

TL;DR: Should I ask to my qt Swiss waifu to marry me cuz I love her as well as it being an e-z one way ticket to Swiss citizenship.
>>
>>18423030
Yes. Life moves staggeringly fast, don't spend it paralyzed by indecision.

Have many health Swiss children and do your part for our dying civilization. Good luck buddy, hope you find happiness.
>>
>>18423030
I think you have already decided
>>
>>18423030
While I fully support the loving relationship, it might be a wrong move to be popping the question when everyone knows you'll be looking to become a citizen soon, plus you want to know you'll be marrying for all the right reasons. Wait until the time is absolutely right, not just convienet.
>>
>>18423030
Take it from a girl who dated a Mexican; when someone without a green card pops the question you will always question their motives
>>
>>18423118
Welp. I really hope the take more of her genes then of mine. I want white children, not little jumping beans. :'(

>>18423165
Thing is, I've talked to her mother about and well, all she wants is for her daughter to be happy as she knows I do in fact so. She's both pleased with the aspect of me marrying her because she's pretty Christian as well as supporting the idea of me wanting to live with gf with her in Switzerland.

>>18423216
I plan to ask her while in the US. We both know we want to be tied to eachother so marriage is definite yes, just a matter of action. I know her well enough to know she won't mind or fret for such a thing. Plus I'm trying to get there legally anyways. Wasn't planning on smuggling myself in.
>>
Sounds like you have it all figured out already. You have a realistic and good plan, getting a permit to live and work in Europe is getting more difficult these days. Marriage indeed is the one safe way of accomplishing it.
>>
>>18423035
Do it man.

Is she from the german part of switzerland or from the latin part?
>>
>>18423570
German.
>>
>>18423030
I did that, but I was the female. Went from eastern europe to scandinavia. Worst mistake of my life. All the shit he promised were promises in vain. He told me we will marry,but 5 months into the moving he told me ''we should get used to the idea that I wont be there in a month'' (Was allowed to stay there for 6 months). It was fucking terrible. He wasnt the person I thought he was. make the decision after you've lived with her for these 3-4 months.
>>
File: 1464728993489.jpg (515KB, 1200x659px) Image search: [Google]
1464728993489.jpg
515KB, 1200x659px
Schwiizer here

you'd be a fucking retard to already make this move before living / working here for at least a few years. you're committing to something you don't know shit yet. Switzerland is awesome as a Swiss person, as a foreigner not so much. just look at all the expat forums, they're like r9k-tier suicidal. Also, German won't really help you all that much to feel at home since we speak Schwiizerdütsch, not Hochdeutsch. Hochdeutsch is for faggy foreigners and trust me, we'll let you know.

How old are you both? Wenn ihr under 30 sind isch z'hürate e futzbehinderti Idee, aber ihr Amis stönd ja druf grad nach de Highscool z'hürate, numm zum denn vo ihre cucked z'werde sobald sie im College Dorm pennt ;)
>>
A person married to a Swiss citizen may apply for Swiss citizenship by facilitated naturalisation after living in Switzerland for five years and having been married for at least three years. No language test is required, but one must show the following:

integration into the Swiss way of life;
compliance with the Swiss rule of law;
no danger to Switzerland's internal or external security.

t. Wikipedia
>>
>>18423030
Buy a ring - propose in the most romantic place you can think of and she'll say yes. Do it asap after she arrives that way you can have fun planning while she's here. Also don't rule out a Vegas wedding.
>>
why is everyone urging him to seal the deal asap? they haven't even lived together except for vacation yet and he's supposed to hurry the fuck up and marry her on the spot to move to a foreign country he's never visited before?
this is an awful idea imo
>>
>>18423908
Awe shucks. That's a damn shame. :/

>>18423908
>>18424166
Well, yeah. I probably should've mentioned this but I did spend time here in Switzerland last year, a few months after her time with me. Albeit, it was less than three months. And I was able to find work through a very nice friend of hers, working at their bakery, stocking and whatnot, thankfully not having to deal with customers as my German, was and still developing. As for the Swiss-German thing. Well. Shit. Not sure what to do now, I'm still pretty horrid with German and am still at an elementary level skill wise if I'm being completely honest. Progress has been very slow due to work and such which is drag. But on the subject, what would you suggest for that?

To both and other anon

There's still lot's of planning, I know, I'm not stupid even if I come across as one or someone who believes that love will bless everything in life. I'm financially stable, I know that we'd have to talk things out for a while, do loads of paperwork and research things I'm still not aware of if any. (Which I'm more than sure there is.) Suggest things I suppose. Ask me more if you're wondering or pondering something about my situation.

>>18424154
Will do. Though, Vegas doesn't sound very appealing.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.