[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

've come to a realisation recently. Every job I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1491855562583.jpg (105KB, 872x685px) Image search: [Google]
1491855562583.jpg
105KB, 872x685px
've come to a realisation recently.

Every job I've ever had, someone has vouched for me before applying. I've always had some level of assistance in getting the job.

This latest job followed that. And honestly, there's no real problem with that occuring. If that's how it worked out, it is how it is.

However, under that pretence, it makes sense why the job I applied for in the fall didn't work out. I had no vouch and had to make it on my own. And unfortunately, I didn't make the cut.

That job has appeared again and again in the classifieds online. My mom keeps bugging me about applying again for it. And my dad has now taken to reminding me that my new job is not going to pay any bills. Which is real grand since I haven't even started the damn thing yet, let alone being now pressured by both with thinking about other work and making something of myself.

Because clearly I haven't been trying. No. No. I moved here because I didn't try. I got through uni because I didn't try. I help my mother DAILY because I don't try.

I had to write this post because I'm all fuelled up on frustration. I normally run on quite a bit of frustration. I'm stuck in New City trying to work towards getting a solid paying job. And my own place. And my own vehicle. And someday hope to live with my gf. Which speaking of the LDR takes it toll. But not as much a toll as the plethora of appointments and chores. It's hard to feel like an adult when you're viewed as a manchild.

Tl;dr I'm proud of me getting my new job, even if my parents apparently are not.
>>
File: Angel Seraphim.jpg (74KB, 400x528px) Image search: [Google]
Angel Seraphim.jpg
74KB, 400x528px
>>18422642
Maybe try moving out so your parents have no bearing on your living situation?

An adult wouldn't need to worry about what mommy and daddy think of his career choices if he/was taking care of himself i.e. living on your own.

In a sense you are still dependent on them by using the home they bought. You may not be a leech in the manchild neck beard sense, but you are still living at home and hunting for a job which according to your dad "cant pay the bills" I don't know if he's referring to house bills or your expected apartment.

Is the job you're getting not enough to pay for an apartment with roommates? In my town that's only like 500 a month plus utilities. Even in bigger cities like Austin TX its about 700 with utilities. I can understand not affording a single but wtf are you doing man?
>>
>>18422674
sports broadcaster. took radio program dident get any jobs for awhile then this job showed up
>>
>>18422692
and my friend vouched for me aned i got it
>>
>>18422699
lived in winnipeg manitoba then moved to new city whitch is calgary. someday ill move back to winineg manitoba cuse girlfriend lives there
>>
>>18422710
only reason moved to calgaru cuse parents couldn't find work in winnipeg manitoba
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.