[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop feeling like my friends hate me? They don't,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5

File: 1497118419905.jpg (14KB, 215x234px) Image search: [Google]
1497118419905.jpg
14KB, 215x234px
How do I stop feeling like my friends hate me? They don't, but always feel like a burden, anyway. It's poisonous thinking, and I want to be able to do stuff without feeling like people are catering to or patronizing me.
>>
Bump.

I 100% feel the same way OP. I don't know why, but I hate it when people don't like (or seem to not like me). I'd like to be able to just brush it off and say "I don't give a shit", but in reality I do. I feel like a burden and a pain to everyone around me.
>>
File: 1473080528415.jpg (69KB, 340x372px) Image search: [Google]
1473080528415.jpg
69KB, 340x372px
>When anon uses your reaction image and shares the same feel you always have.

Sorry bro, I don't have an answer for you.
>>
File: 1495875486584.jpg (78KB, 659x506px) Image search: [Google]
1495875486584.jpg
78KB, 659x506px
maybe they actually do.

maybe you're just oblivious of how people actually think of you.
theres lots of people like that. so why think you arent one of them? (you're on 4chan after all)
>>
>>18422624
>>18422625
Well, at least we have each other, right guys?

My best friend noticed my behavior recently and asked if I was depressed. I gave a modest yes but changed the subject. Now she is going out of her way to join me at the gym and spend time around me, even though she's a total homebody and has summer classes and a wedding to worry about. She's got other things going on, I don't want her heart breaking over my dumb ass.

I got invited to a small, exclusive beach house party by my work friends tonight. I was told I should feel special, because our work crew is usually pretty big and most people don't know about it. Instead I feel bad, because I can't afford to buy any extra drugs beyond my own personal budget, but I know they're gonna feed me a bunch of free shit, knowing that I can't pay them back.

I dunno, I don't want to sound like I'm humblebragging, but this is what I mean. By all accounts I should feel very grateful, and I do, but I also feel like they're going to one day just drop me because I'm such a piece of shit.
>>
>>18422645
If they didn't like me, they probably wouldn't throw $40 worth of coke up my nose a week.

I'm half kidding. But, I was a fat kid my whole life, so I grew a personality. I can be charismatic when I want to.

Honestly it didn't really occur that it was all in my head until I made a passing comment to another close friend. I don't remember what I said, but he replied with "everyone likes you, you moron. It's annoying as fuck."
>>
File: megg-mogg-owl.gif (99KB, 443x374px) Image search: [Google]
megg-mogg-owl.gif
99KB, 443x374px
>>18422666
Gotta level with you, anon; It sounds like they do genuinely like you.
It's one thing to feel like a burden, but try not to extend that feeling to "They hate me for it." because they don't, and realizing that is the first step to fixing the issue of your own self-image (feeling like a burden.)

None of my friends ever actually put any effort into hanging out with me, so I was always just weaselling my way into the group.
>tl;dr
There was a HUGE amount of pressure to make them all happy and do what I could to make them like me/not lose them. Eventually one of them confessed his undying love for me and the others all said "Don't lead him on! Don't break his heart!" which I interpreted as 'Shit, you've gotta go out with him now, because if you reject him you're rejecting them all.'
By the time I realized how shit the situation really was, I'd accepted ONE date with him, turned around and called everything off and now they all hate me.
And honestly, I can't blame anyone but myself for convincing myself that it 'had' to be done to make them like me. It was fucking stupid.

>The real kicker is that I was/am actually in love with one of their housemates, and had been long before that. We're dating now and I can't go over to his/their house. Kek.
>>
>>18422701
I was injured in a car accident three years ago, and I think that's what really triggered the depression. I've never really dealt with it before, so all of this vague sadness and guilt are new and difficult to manage. Reminding myself that it's all in my head helps.

I can totally understand your situation, though. One (well, two) of the girls at work got a big crush on me, and I had to break her heart over and over. I felt like shit, especially since my only real reason was TRUST ME I'M ACTUALLY TERRIBLE, and she just thought I didn't think she was pretty enough.

This shit has cost me like three potential girlfriends this year now that I'm thinking about it
>>
File: 1444358889945.jpg (28KB, 406x345px) Image search: [Google]
1444358889945.jpg
28KB, 406x345px
>>18422693
ANON I'M SORRY BUT THEY AREN'T YOUR FRIENDS IF THEY GIVE YOU COKE

all other drugs are fine
but friends dont give friends coke (the whole point of coke is the addiction)
>>
>>18422758
As far as I'm concerned, it's the most overrated drug out there, I have no idea how it ruins lives. I don't even like it that much.

Besides, that's just one of like 3 distinct circles of friends. Work friends like booze, coke, and MDMA. Group B is strictly weed and shrooms (the patrician's combination).

Group C is pretty much just drug potpourri. No heroin or meth, but most things below that bar.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.