[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does a man erase his desires for romantic love and affection?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1495303315795.jpg (808KB, 990x742px) Image search: [Google]
1495303315795.jpg
808KB, 990x742px
How does a man erase his desires for romantic love and affection? I would like the stress to go away.
>>
>>18422024
Same here dude.

I guess the best answer would be to just fake and realize that 'love' is just a feeling you get do to your hormones.
>>
>>18422024

2 Options:

1.You cut communication with this person, you ignore them all over social media, meet new people.

2.You can try to realize you can love without "wanting". This is, loving (caring, asking, hanging out, everything pretty much) without expecting something in return (which in this case is affection, not love), and you can keep yourself with that. This is the best option, will make you a true succesfull person, but it is hard to do.
But hey, as hard as it is, it truly means its worth it.
>>
>>18422354
I don't mean desires for a specific person, but rather for romantic love itself. I haven't had the "oneitis" feeling in years, so it's no real problem for me
>>
>>18422024

you dont. life is not about finding some way to stop wanting / needing things. successful dieters dont stop craving junk food. successful addicts dont stop craving alochol. they simply become stronger than their urges, no matter how persistent they are
>>
>>18422366
Oh. I guess I'm fucked. I've never been any good at suppressing urges once I have them; I just usually don't have any urges
>>
>>18422354
Cutting ties is perfectly fine though if you are truly capable of just walking away. There's nothing wrong or worse about this if you can pull it off. Simply most people just really struggle with this and attempt a hybrid version of it while the whole time tormenting themself and alienating the person they're having such a hard time pushing away.
>>
>>18422366
Actually buddhism is literally about this.
>>
>>18422428
>instead of trying im just gonna give up

the whole point of recovery from addiction is that you used to give in but now you make an effort not to.

its your life, frankly i think your intent is stupid and you should change ur plan, but you will fail no matter what if you say 'oh i mfucked cuz i give into urges

>>18422457

they all died from opium overdoses cuz they literally could not over come their urges
>>
>>18422024

by becoming a beta cuck. don't do it anon. love is the strongest motivator to keep humans going. it's essential to survival.
>>
>>18422458
>instead of trying I'm just going to give up
I've been trying to suppress my want of love for years, jeez. I just know it's not going to work because it hasn't
>i think your intent is stupid and you should change ur plan
What do you mean?
>>18422466
I'm pretty sure romantic love isn't real. I don't know what you mean: telling yourself you're loved when you're really not seems more beta
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.