[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm at a loss. Do I break up with a girlfriend of 6 years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: 1266098014468.jpg (21KB, 490x440px) Image search: [Google]
1266098014468.jpg
21KB, 490x440px
I'm at a loss.

Do I break up with a girlfriend of 6 years because she wants to buy a house, or do I deal with it and live paycheck to paycheck while I continue to work at walmart and do nothing with myself?

If I break up with her, my plan is to move back in with my parents, continue to work full time for a year to gain monies, then drop to part time and focus on getting my life together and become a career-oriented person?

I'm 32 btw.
>>
Do you guys have kids? Why are you with her if you don't have the same goals?
>>
File: 2nd Bakery Attack.jpg (177KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
2nd Bakery Attack.jpg
177KB, 800x600px
6 years? How are you at a loss? That's one of the best investments you can make.

Buy a house with her, m8. You'll regret it for life if you don't. Seriously.

no, no.... seriously
>>
You're 32 and you want to start over? That ship had sailed friend. If you're the type of person that works at Walmart at 32, what makes you think you're going to become career oriented. Be grateful you have a girl that wants to live with you.

My only advice is to make sure your name is on everything that you find important i.e. the house.
>>
>>18421402
Also 6 years? Fucking marry her.

Actually do everything at the same time. Talk to her about how you thought about it and you do want to get a house with her but only if you're married and then bam! Propose to her. She'll literally be on cloud 9.
>>
>>18421391
No kids. She doesn't want them, nor do I.
She doesn't even want to get married because her parents had a messy divorce.

Honestly, she'd be the perfect waif material because she loves me so much and is willing to do all these things for me, like even take a second job just to let me go part time at work and explore school options.

But part of me feels this guilt for having her do that because I'm not sure if I could do the same. And I don't want such a huge bill hanging over my head every month.
I'd much rather go back in time to 2003 before having all this so I could just live a simple life of browsing the internet and playing games, but I no longer can. Because now I realize that I've essentially done nothing with my life for 14 years. And having a house is a scary step into something that will potentially put me into a financial ruin.
>>
>>18421402
For the longest time I thought it was a safe job. People I know in other jobs have all been laid off due to increasing automation and recession.
Though lately, the job recently switched to a 4 am - 1pm schedule instead of the old 7am-4pm and I hate it and I want out without being broke and miserable.
>>
>>18421407
God I wish I was in your situation. You're squandering this moment.
>>
>>18421423
How so?
>>
Pros (if all things considered):

Move back into parent's house (which they'd understand)
All work money could go into paying off student loan debt (which I could knock out in a year)
Make some more money on top of that
Then at the year mark, go part-time and get on the bus to school with no real financial difficulty
Then before long be at a point in my life where I can have a big boy job and feel better about myself

Cons:
Break the heart of someone who truly wants to be with me even if it is our first serious relationship for the both of us.
Feel awful for x amount of months/years

If I stay with her though, pros would be
>Make her happy
>have a space of our own to do with whatever we want

Cons:
>Have a mortgage payment of nearly $900 and on top of that utilities which would probably be about $200 on top of that.
>Feel that because of which, I'd have to pinch every penny and force myself to never splurge and go out to eat on a random day off like I really enjoy doing
>Could no longer feasibly cut hours at work so that I could go back to school because of mortgage payment.
>perpetually live in a state of "well, this is it, I guess" and not know if I was just playing it safe all along.
>>
>>18421386
Don't be stupid, m8. Marry this woman and accept your fate. This is you getting all jittery about commitment like a school boy on test day or something.

Come on dude. 6 years? put a ring on her finger, knock her up, and buy a used van.
>>
>>18421433
I'm not that guy you're responding to, but he is 100% correct.

You have no clue how lucky you are, man. No fucking clue. What I wouldn't give to have a girlfriend who was that responsible. Instead many of us are stuck madly in love with a drug abuser, a liar, cheater, or literal abuser.

You should be beaten with a sack of oranges for thinking this is a deal breaker.
>>
>>18421457
Owning your own house is hands down the thing to do, man. I don't know how you're confused about this. You're 32, right? Fuck, man, grow up. lol I don't know how else to say that.

You're literally considering moving back in with your folks over buying a house with your common law wife? get the fuck outta here
>>
>>18421386
You put every penny you have into btc
>>
>>18421386
You're not at a loss, you're being a big baby, literally wanting to crawl back to mommy and daddy instead of putting on your big boy pants.

If you do, it'll be your life regret that eats you alive, man. Like dropping out of college in the last semester because those higher level courses are "too hard"
>>
>>18421529
But I don't want to work at walmart forever, and by getting a house, it'll be even more difficult to leave there.
>>
>>18421515
Yah this.

I work full time and study. It's for.a few years only. It's hard but temporary.

As to the house... Its an asset that will appreciate..

You seem thick as shit to be perfectly honest.
>>
>>18421407
Jesus Christ why are men like you fucking dumb? On top of that youre too proud to accept help, lazy to have wasted all that time to better yourself AND a jerk for being afraid to possibly support your gf in the future.

Men like you have no idea how good they have it until it's gone.
Break up with her. You honestly dont deserve her.
>>
>>18421546
But to pay for a house, work full time AND study?

What are you studying to become?
>>
>>18421386
do what you want i would move back with my parents save hella money cash out out on something big and live haappy
>>
>>18421529
die bich
>>
>>18421609
Dude, it sounds like you need someone to beat some sense into you. What you're entertaining is called "running away" and it's lame as fuck, especially after 6 years, and the only thing wrong is that she has better ideas than you do about your own future.
>>
>>18421542
Protip: You're going to be anyway.

You have no idea what your priorities are supposed to be, and as you mentioned you've spent the past 14 years doing jack shit. You don't magically just become a "career-oriented person", that's something that takes more effort than you seem to be willing to put into something.

You're the type of person who says "I'll do X once I finally do Y" and never does it because you're lazy and a coward. And you goddamn know it.
>>
>>18421625
What if I'm still not feeling it after 7 or 8 years?
Then I'll have a house to deal with on top of breaking up with her.
>>
Buying a house with someone I'm not married to is a more frightening a thought than actually getting married.
>>
>>18421386
It sounds like she thought she was with a real man, instead of a little baby.
>>
>>18421386
OP, how do you have a gf? Reading your posts you seem like a bit of a manchild loser (nothing personal). Do you have a really big cock or something?
>>
>>18421640
You sound like a real dumbass, m8. Not even yanking your chain. You won't know what you had until you've lost it completely without any hope, and you'll probably still piss away all your money (except not on real assets like a house) and amount to not shit even after you destroy what sounds like an otherwise healthy relationship.
>>
>>18421609
Yes it's called being an adult.

I committed to studying for four years knowing it'd be tough during.

I'm studying a BA in environmental management and planning.
>>
>>18421386
If you'd break up with her over this and move back in with your parents then you obviously don't give a shit about the woman anyway, and you would both likely be better off single.
>>
Well, have you discussed it with her? Maybe finish your studies, get a good job and then get the house? Is that impossible?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.