[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you stay composed when you're in the stage of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: textingmistakes.jpg (63KB, 638x359px) Image search: [Google]
textingmistakes.jpg
63KB, 638x359px
How do you stay composed when you're in the stage of the relationship where you're falling for someone, but you're not a couple or even sure if the other person wants to be with you? How does one keep infatuation (and lust) at bay when getting to know someone? My relationships always fall apart in this stage because I get too eager and start smothering the other person. It's like my logical mind takes a backseat to my emotions and I can't see clearly until the feelings have faded. I've experienced much heartache in my life.
>>
>>18421203
Stop overthinking, it stops you from "being in the moment"

If you like the person, and they like you, then you shouldn't have to worry so much. Just take things slow, and don't overstep any boundaries.

Granted, you're going to have to overstep the boundaries eventually otherwise the relationship won't be able to flourish.

It's confusing, but don't overdo it unless you have to. If you overthink, start getting anxiety, etc then you're more likely to fail. Kinda like a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Think of it like this - if you do nothing, never take things further because of anxiety, then you fail automatically. Keep that in mind, you're bound for failure if you do nothing and are too anxious.

Now, you have nothing to worry about and nothing to lose knowing that you're gonna fail going in. Realize that failure is a learning experience, but if things work out, then great.

Don't expect anything going in, I guess is what I'm trying to say. Expecting too much is what brings you to that anxiety/smothering stage where you feel like 'oh shit, I have to do this otherwise X will never happen'

Try to focus on getting to know him/her as a person and just enjoying their company rather than expecting a relationship. If things go well, the relationship will come as a side effect rather than the goal.
>>
>>18421203
Why not just find someone who likes you back and doesn't play childish games when dating?

If you like her, show it. if she doesn't like you back, why would you even want to be in a relationship with her?
>>
File: 1495762695449.jpg (57KB, 652x650px) Image search: [Google]
1495762695449.jpg
57KB, 652x650px
>>18421363

Only women and extremely attractive men can afford to act like this
>>
>>18421363
How do you find out you like people if childish games are their requirements for standard attention? The ratio of "nice people to talk to" and "please cut off my ears" in certain places is appalling
>>
>>18421203
>too eager
Fap. Fap like your life is dependent on it. Should help. Before you send her message full of nonsence, fap. Before you go on date fap. Chill out.

>>18421382
Sadly this.
>>
>>18421382
because attractive people don't give a fuck. they know there will always be a next. just emulate that behaviour and you will be just as attractive.
>>
>>18421765
I'm pretty sure having the "right mindset" won't change your bone or muscle structure, hair, eyes, teeth, skin, dick, vocal cords etc.
>>
>>18421765

This. Acting any other way just shows the other person right off the bat that you're someone who believes that there will be a huge gap between them and the next suitor. It's an instant turnoff.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.