[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Found out my girlfriend has oral herpes. What do? Is this a big

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 1379621097490.gif (2MB, 400x350px) Image search: [Google]
1379621097490.gif
2MB, 400x350px
Found out my girlfriend has oral herpes. What do? Is this a big deal as I'm making it out to be? How do I deal with this like an adult?
>>
>>18420750
You stop kissing her on mouth and dont allow her to give you oral anything until her burst heals.

Stay cool, everybody have it.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herpes_simplex
>>
>>18420750
No it's not as big a deal as you think. You know oral herpes is incredibly common, right? That's what cold sores are. Cold sores = herpes simplex = oral herpes. Something like 75% of adults in the US have oral herpes without knowing it, and once you have it, it's with you for life. There's a good chance you have it too. There's a good chance you already had it before dating her, if you've slept around at all or kissed more than a tiny handful of girls. Seventy five fucking percent (and I've seen higher numbers given too, I went with the average).

Be smart, read up a little about it, and obviously do not let her give you oral sex while she's having an outbreak. But no, this isn't nearly as big a deal as that scary word, "herpes," makes you think it is.
>>
>>18420750
Just don't kiss her when she has the sores. It is not aids.

My mom has it, my dad doesn't. My boyfriend of 7 years has it, I don't.
>>
File: 1385047920732.jpg (40KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1385047920732.jpg
40KB, 500x374px
Thanks for calming me down, /r9k/. Did some reading on the subject and apologized to her for being a bit of an asshole about it. Is there no risk on it being contaigous right before the burst shows up? Like some diseases that are contaigous before the syptoms even show up? I know I shouldn't kiss her around two to three days after a burst dissapears but what If we kissed a day before the burst appeared?

>>18420766
She's my first everything and unless I'm asympetic I'm fairly sure I don't have it. She claims to have gotten the herpes when she was a kid.
>>
>>18421493
>/r9k/
F U C K Y O U
>>
>>18421493
Ew. R9k is way more gross than herpes.
>>
>>18420750
Cut all contact.
>>
>>18421493
Does she have any old photos? If she does and there's no herpes, you know where she got it from ;)
>>
>>18421493
Like others said in the thread, it's incredibly common. I got oral herpes when I was like, probably 3 or something. You can get it from your mom's vag when you're being born, or just from female relatives non-sexual smooches. Oral herpes doesn't really have much to do with sex.

It can be transferred to your genitals when you receive oral sex, regardless of whether or not they're having an outbreak. It's just more likely that it'll be transmitted when there's visible symptoms, but chances are you'll get it both in your mouth and on your cock sooner rather than later.

I personally wouldn't have any problem eating out or fucking a girl who has genital herpes, as long as she's not currently having visual symptoms. It really isn't a big deal.
>>
>>18421493
There's always a tiny risk but if you want to avoid catching anything ever, avoid sex and relationships and even then you're not safe.

You can feel them coming in. Apparently it hurts before the real sores form.

My ex had it, too. It was never a big deal. Just make sure that she does not jerk you off or whatever either when she has cold sores if you want to be safe. Everyone touches their face.

>>18421532
Don't be a dick, you can catch it from sharing a glass even. Or from a place where the glasses weren't washed inhot enough water.
>>
>>18421493
The risk is very low don't worry.
The herpes can appears when she is immunodeficient (if she is tired, stressed or sick)

I have herpes since my childhood and the majority of people that has it that I know has it since there youth too.
>>
>>18420750
did she ever drop that neck if yes youre fucked run
>>
Guy with oral and duck herpes here. You can still technically get it without an outbreak going on but you not likely to get it. My brother accidentally used my chapstick once while I was in my outbreak and he didn't get it. Just don't do anything with it. And make sure she takes care of herself when she has an outbreak. Take it easy on her. You two will be fine. Just make sure that she takes her zorivax/acyclovir whenever she feels any tingling/burning, as this indicates an imminent outbreak and can prevent it from happening if treated early enough! At least she has oral and not genital. You can still have da pussi.
>>
>>18420750
Literally like 95% of the world population has Oral Herpes. Are you thinking about the Genital one?
>>
>>18421519
This, I'd date somebody with aids before I dated an r9k delusional idiot.
>>
>>18421514
>>18421519
Sorry folks, old habits since I'm mostly a lurker nowadays.

>>18421635
She never did anything other than kissing before me and she never blew me yet.

>>18421964
No, oral herpes.
>>
>>18420750
Is it a cold sore or is it actual oral herpes?

I know cold sores are technically herpes, but it's a different type.

If she actually has oral herpes then just fucking drop her.
>>
>>18422084
I don't know the difference actually and I haven't had a chance to meet her ever since she told me via text.

My guess it's a type 1 herpes simplex, guess I'll ask her more when we meet.
>>
>>18421964
what are you fucking retarded? a cold sore is not oral herpes. no, 95% of the population does not have oral herpes.
>>
>>18423562
>More than 50 percent of the adult population in the United States has oral herpes, typically caused by herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV-1). Most people contract oral herpes when they are children by receiving a kiss from a friend or relative.
>Oral herpes is commonly referred to as “cold sores” and “fever blisters.” .
>>
>>18423562

>I'm retarded

Good to know but I'm not sure why you would proclaim it so loudly
>>
brah everyone has oral herpes. get a fuckin life
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.