[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm quite attractive (got lots of matches on tinder,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: MY.jpg (19KB, 217x320px) Image search: [Google]
MY.jpg
19KB, 217x320px
So I'm quite attractive (got lots of matches on tinder, got rated highly on /soc/) but I just took a look at the thread 'how to get laid with women' and I literally have none of those.
>confidence
>respect of other people
>interests that women like (well I trained kickboxing, write poetry, like languages and history, books, and generally am open up to various things, but I guess that's not good enough or I'm not being able to present them in an attractive or interesting way)
>lack of insecurity, I'm trying to battle them but they don't go away

I'm pretty depressed. Does it really take so much to get laid? Should I go to a therapist so that they make a normal human out of me? should I just off myself?
each day it seems like I have smaller chances to make it in life and be a normie
>>
>>18419228
>should I just go to a therapist?
If the therapist is good, and you are truly receptive, this is one of the proven methods

>it feels like the chance at being normal is getting smaller every year
in a very general sense, it is

>confidence
>respect of other people
>interests
>lack of insecurity

Gaining interests and losing insecurity is hard for a person who is depressed, and living in today's crazy world, but all of these things are just ways of being. You can start being more like this right now.
>>
>>18419228
Literally none of that matters if you're good looking.
>>
Post pic of yourself.
>>
Dating apps are garbage anyway. Ever found a date irl?
>>
>>18419244
nice narrative bro where'd you get it r9k? is the chad guy the bad guy?
>>
>>18419269
Naw just all the times I've seen good looking people, both men and women, be vapid and shallow as fuck yet have zero problems getting laid.
>>
>>18419235
I'm not depressed (I have OCD though), and as I said I have inteeests., though I can't sell myself.
I take antidepressants and most of the time my mood is quite stable, but then I see threads like that and get reminded I'm a 23 yo virgin.

Im also already seeing a therapist, but we don't talk about girls; more so about my mental state, plans, goals, studies, career, etc. I've known him for years and it feels weird to bring it up. I usually don't care about girls that much, that's why I haven't mentioned it, but sometimes it just hits hard.
I don't know if I'm really unlikeable and unfuckable as a person or it's mainly my self-doubt and despair speaking.
>>18419247
I would but I don't want to be associated with this thread.
>>
>>18419281
ah yeah. you're right.

I read OP's post and figured he wanted to have a girlfriend, not just get laid.

and even really good looking people need some small measure of the things OP listed. a major deficit in any of those categories would affect anyone regardless of appearance
>>
>>18419228
>(well I trained kickboxing, write poetry, like languages and history, books, and generally am open up to various things

The fuck? You can get hella pussy based on this alone. Women don't care what your interests are, they care that you're interested in them. Passion is what they want to see.

If you think you're depressed, seek therapy. End of discussion. No question. Seek therapy.
>>
>>18419282
>I would but I don't want to be associated with this thread.
What do you have to lose. Eveyone are insecure in some way. Literally everyone.
>>
>>18419282
I would bring it up. I've spent a long time planning my future and I'm about off it. I'm lonely.

If I were you, and had rapport with a therapist who helps me, I'd mention my problems to him.
>>
>>18419286
When I said depressed, I meant downcast or losing hope that I'll ever be normal. I don't think I have depression, I am neurotic though (OCD).
>>
>>18419306

It doesn't matter. If you're even playing with the idea of offing yourself, or having depression, seek therapy.

Therapy isn't a confirmation that you're fucked up. It's a confirmation that you want to help yourself. Think of it that way.
>>
>>18419282
>I'm pretty depressed
>I'm not depressed
>I take antidepressants
>most of the time my mood is quite stable

???
>>
>>18419384
'depressed' does not mean I'm literally depressed, it's a hyperbole man, I just meant that I feel like shit now.
And I take antidepressants for OCD not depression
>>
>>18419228
you worry too much about impressing others. That's why you can't really meet anybody. The best way is not to worry what other people think, at all, actually.

Dude, you only really need one girl to make you happy. You don't need fifty, you just need one. Find a girl that makes you happy, and express how you feel about her though action. She'll either reciprocate and you'll go out, or she won't, and you can keep searching until you find someone you like.

If I had to be completely honest with you, i'd suggest that you don't force anything. I mean, stop focusing so much on getting laid. You're too dependent on fucking, and not on just enjoying the girl you're with. Chilling with her, being with her, loving the way she smells, the way she giggles, the way she looks lovingly in your eyes. And if you let go of the pressures of sex, you'll not only have it naturally, but you'll be so much more relaxed about it and enjoy it.

Look man, life is all about how you frame it in your mind. You can either be bitter, blame the universe for your trouble, and hate people, or you can just love people the way they are, warts and all. if you can do that, love others, and love yourself just as you are, life will be so much more rewarding.

So what im saying to you man is to just relax. Don't make people so important. Make your life important. Do exactly what you want to do. Be exactly what you want to be, and don't make excuses or don't worry about others. People are just as flawed as you are, pray for them, but live life according to your own code. If you actually do this, and not just read it, but put it into action, you'll be surprised that all the shit you have been worrying about with people and with yourself has been a lie you've fed to yourself to avoid true bliss.

My friend, don't get in your own way.
>>
>>18419423
The just say you feel like shit? If you say you're depressed it just means your depressed. Do you even know what a hyperbole is?
>>
>should i go to a therapist
>Yes
>i don't really need therapy

okay, anon.
>>
>>18419532
I'm actually already seeing a therapist, maybe I should just tell him about more things. But basically what I was saying was only that I don't have clinical depression as it might have sounded like that. I made this thread late at night and in desperation so sorry if I didn't articulate my mind properly.
>>18419432
Thanks man, a good answer and that's what I should aim for
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.