[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will I ever make it as a game developer/ work at a game company?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1480834632790.jpg (181KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
1480834632790.jpg
181KB, 1000x563px
Will I ever make it as a game developer/ work at a game company?

I can't into art, 3d, or programming. I took some game classes at Community College and learned how to use Unreal Engine kind of well. Not like a pro/veteran, but I know how to do some simple stuff.

I guess.. I just want to get into the bulk of it right away. I want to start chipping away at my OWN game. But more then that, i think I'm looking for a guide. A teacher. someone to show me the ways because I'm too stupid to start myself. And because I think this, i never do anything at home, myself. I always push learning to the side to play more videogames or to hang out with buddies.

I don't know. Maybe im just complaining about nothing.

I just want to make games.
>>
If you have no creative talent, making videos games will be hard.

Being part of the creation process might work for you; meaning you help a team create a video game that someone else wrote/designed.
>>
Welcome to the fantasy of probably 90% of male children born in the developed world in the past 30 years. Rest assured what you know is probably nothing but a fantasy.

The big games are created from teams of hundreds of talented people working in so many different fields and departments that it would be too alien to even enumerate them for you.

Making video games is work. It's not playing video games, and never will be. It's sitting there going through pages of code, or working on graphics and art for months, pixel by pixel, etc.

Unless you just take some existing game editor and play around with it, but that's not developing a game. That's playing one.

If you're serious you need to get a real education in a field that's needed in the industry, such as pure programming, or be a spectacular graphic designer because that side is over-saturated with everyone who thinks they're an artist.

Some real shit, son. Swallow it. You need a real education unless you're ok playing around with RPG Maker or making half-life maps to goof off on.
>>
>>18418813
Nobody is born knowing how to do any of that stuff, Practice it until you get to a level you're happy with.
>>
>>18418826
Not OP, but how do I become one of the people that writes and develops the story for video games?
>>
>>18418836
write and develop stories to make a portfolio, take classes, publish your work, apply for jobs.
>>
>>18418836
By becoming a respected writer and hired by a major company to do exactly that.

I'd love to talk to whoever came up with the plot to Last of Us, because that shit owns even the most bad-ass Shakespearean tragedies, and it's such a simple model "The paradisaical goal ends up the hellish antagonist - errytime".
>>
you should've gotten a realistic dream. I stopped wanting to be a game maker when I was like 9 or 10 OP, and you seem to be a grown man and that's pretty bad
>>
>>18418826
>>18418831

I dream of showing off my own game at E3 one day.

Quite the reach for someone crying on an anonymous image board, no?
>>
>>18418842
I've got ideas for 7 or 8 games, but some of them would be difficult to turn into just written stories. I'll try it though
>>
>>18418847
I can't stress enough that making games has nothing to do with playing them.

You'll probably be so sick of games, you'll take up watching chick flick romcoms in your spare time, if you work in the industry.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.