[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/, I'm 24 and my girlfriend is 19. My girlfriend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: o (2).jpg (105KB, 668x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o (2).jpg
105KB, 668x1000px
Hey /adv/, I'm 24 and my girlfriend is 19. My girlfriend is very spendy. She'll typically burn through her entire paycheck. She has a min wage job and lives with her parents so it isn't a huge deal. I have a well paying job. Outside of rent and food, I basically hoard my money. I save 25-50% of my paychecks. I do end up spoiling her a bit, but I told her I was going to start spending a lot less on her and a bit more on myself (taking up a collection hobby) and she said that was fine.

I've been trying to instill the importance of saving to her and I'm trying to get her to have a few hundred dollars in case of an emergency. She's been okay about this, but inevitably ends up dipping into her savings a lot. I can't really judge her too harshly, though, since when I was her age I was making a lot more money and my spending habits were similar.

The thing is, we're going on a trip soon and she's worried she won't have enough money to do most of the things we wanted to do. We've been planning it for months. Because I work a lot we don't get to spend a ton of time together so I'd like the trip to go well. There's a few options I see:

1) Pay for what she can't afford myself. It won't hurt me at all financially, but it does make me a bit uncomfortable. Not because I'm buying her stuff, but because I get uncomfortable when I feel like I'm spending needlessly
2) (her idea) Let her reimburse me a few weeks after the trip. I don't really have a problem with this except that I feel like it might get her too comfortable with having debt, and I guarantee that she is really not ready to handle that (if she got a credit card she'd be in trouble). That being said, I have no doubt that she will reimburse me.
3) Don't do what she can't afford. This way I feel like she'd understand the importance of being prepared, and I'm very confident we'd still have a ton of fun, but she was really was looking forward to some more expensive stuff.

What do you think, /adv/?
>>
>>18418390

honestly if this is looking long term despite the issues id probably tell her to save as much as possible then pay for whatever she can't.

but try to push her to savfe as much as possible in the mean time.
>>
>>18418398

on top of this maybe exclude a few things that she wanted to do but that you dont care for, that way shes still being 'punished' to some degree.
>>
>>18418390
You need to put yourself in her shoes and know that at her age, and I was probably like her, i was recklessly spending. Random McD trips. Going to the mall every week. Its cause I wasn't an adult then. I didnt have rent, insurance, or cell phone to pay off. I can't really blame her.
>>
>>18418412
Yeah like I said, I was the same way, except I had more money so I was arguably worse. I just went through a year and a half of being *very* broke and I never want to experience that again (and never want her to experience that again).

What really worries me is that her mother is the same way. That being said, my gf is very clear that she knows she should be saving and just has trouble with it.

>>18418398
>>18418409
I think that's probably what I'll end up doing.....hopefully that will get her motivated to save for the next time we do something.
>>
>>18418390
Nigga , u have to out u hands on her. Beat her till she knows how to save money. For starters I recommend u slap around a bit. U think a pimp's ho spends his money? No, teach her dat money is YOURS.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.