[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>applied at nearly every entry level/fast food/retail position

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 852.png (29KB, 778x512px) Image search: [Google]
852.png
29KB, 778x512px
>applied at nearly every entry level/fast food/retail position I can find in my town multiple times
>not a single call back after three months
>falling back into my NEET ways
what the fuck am I doing wrong
>>
>>18418309
did you put your phone number on the application? verify that it works?
>>
1. ask someone to review your resume
2. what is the income level of your town? are there lots of more qualified adults looking to flip burgers?
3. how many places have you applied to? pls reply with a number

oh and

4. do you know anyone who can get you an in? for entry level work this is often quite easy for a friend to do
>>
>>18418318
I try to staple a resume with my work email and phone number to the application and I know I don't any issues receiving calls

>>18418342
1. I've been told it's well done, but the job history is lacking
2. poverty level retirement town, per capita income of $15k
3. I lost count after 40
4. and no, short of a year working in retail I've been a hikki-NEET since highschool
>>
call them directly, ask to talk with hr

job get
>>
>>18418384

Sounds like a tough job market op, have you considered learning a trade or going to college?
>>
>>18418384
a. it really sounds like an issue with the economy of your town
b. you should be trying to get training and/or education anyway

so start thinking up a plan
>>
>>18418309
iktf man
almost a year, i want to fucking die
I've applied to all the big chains around me
>target, best buy, walmart
fast food shit
>taco bell, wendys, McDs
mom n pop
>"we're not hiring at the moment"

i live in a shitty little town and the best way to get hired is through corporate shit. and i never, ever get a callback.

i'm beginning to get paranoid, is there some background check im failing or something. like beyond my control.
never been arrested or anything. dunno what to do.
>>
>>18418392
also this

go in and ask for the hiring manager when appropriate
call the hr manager when appropriate
>>
>>18418395
>>18418396
I want to do welding because they make bank and are in demand but without money for school I'm dead in the water
>>
What is preventing you from taking a loan or looking into financial aid?

This is the most important investment of your life.
>>
>>18418309

Keep applying. Entry level jobs are no longer entry level. Even the most basic shit job wants workers that have experience. If you have none, it's gonna be a pain in the ass to find a job.

If you want to get a leg up, do volunteer work. No joke. Work for no pay. I know, it sucks dick, but it will look fucking dope on a resume.
>>
Make sure you call them back. That's really important. Ask if you can set up an interview.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.