[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get over a 4chan addiction? This place has changed the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0514.jpg (118KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0514.jpg
118KB, 750x1334px
How do I get over a 4chan addiction?
This place has changed the way I speak, think, interact with people, what I enjoy (or more specifically what I don't enjoy), it has worsened my social skills, and has made relationships harder for me
How the fuck do I finally leave this horrible shithole? It's been slowly killing me for 6 years

I used to be a relatively upbeat and humorous extrovert that a lot of people enjoyed because they thought I was witty or friendly or charismatic, I made a lot of friends I enjoyed, I had a relationship, etc
Then I started browsing 4chan and over time I've become more dull, I lost my touch of humor, I lost all of my social skills, I started growing away from friends and now have none, I've gained a growing depression which has slowly taken over all of the hobbies I enjoy, i.e. I've started slacking on weightlifting, I can't find enjoyment in video games anymore and only feel anger/dissapointment in them, I've been sleeping in more and getting tired more easily, etc
I'm an extrovert trapped in the life of a depressed introvert

So I want to finally leave 4chan. It's become my only source of comfortable contact with people, because even my online friends have abandoned me.
But that's the problem. I want to leave but I don't know how or what to do if I manage to leave.
pic unrelated
>>
>>18418038
Sounds to me like 4chan is the symptom.
Anyone claiming a website can have such a huge influence on them is lying

Anyway, if wanna leave it just stop typing 4chan.org on the url bar and find something else to do.
>>
Well, 4chan isn't physically addictive, so all that's stopping you from never coming back here again if you think it's that bad for you is your willpower.

The truth is, just about anything is better for your mental and emotional health than spending hours on 4chan a day, and I speak from having been in that hole before. You could do just about anything else and it would make you feel better, even if that means looking at different places online, watching anime, or playing video games.

Everyone wants to think they're an independent island and they're not going to be affected by whatever shit they look at, but if you're already not that emotionally healthy and you spend a lot of time interacting with people on 4chan who are really bitter and cynical and elitist, it can just make you feel even worse.
>>
>>18418038
Blow your brains out with a 50 cal, or just downgrade to 9gag, youll get bored in two days and want to do something productive
>>
>>18418101
>>18418080
It's probably just me having shitty willpower, yeah. I'm thinking of blocking 4chan from being accessed, or having it redirect to something else.

Thanks anyways. I'm just incredibly desperate to find a real solution to my problems that isn't >>18418107
>>
>>18418080
>Anyone claiming a website can have such a huge influence on them is lying
They actually aren't. If you're spending hours upon hours hanging out here and not talking to other people then this website is having an influence on you.

Can't tell you how many threads I've seen like OP's where some guy is remorseful about how much of a recluse they've become thanks to /pol/ and /b/
>>
>>18418174
Sunno been here since 2013 and I am more social now.
Then again I was an edgy depressed teen trolling online before finding this site so dunno, couldnt get much worse.
>>
I struggle with this aswell. For me, it comes down to low self-esteem and indecision. The thing is to break the cycle, you need to take action but because of my low self-esteem, I don't take action so I don't know what to do.
>>
For a period of time, I thought I used my computer to much, so I made a temporary rule that I would only turn it on after 5pm / 17:00.
>>
why are you such a fucking sheep that you can't browse 4chan without filtering advice and blocking out the mentally ill ideology?

>4chan is my only source of contact with people
Oh, there is the answer. Just go the fuck outside then. Whether you use 4chan or not, you'll become acclimated to the real world and not so ridiculous as the people who only socialize on 4chan.

"Everything bad in the world is due to
-Jews
-blacks
-Muslims
-Women
-Leftists
-Muscular men who are happy
-Women who are pretty"

What school-shooter logic. I don't understand how these people function. It's usually not very highly. If they're lucky, they can work with computers.
>>
>>18418286
Who said anything about /pol/ ideology retard
>>
>>18418322
I'm not a retard I'm a faggot

lelelelekekeke anime

also that's a lot of r9k ideology too
>>
>>18418326
Who said anything about /r9k/ ideology
>>
>>18418333
OP said his mind has been negatively impacted by 4chan
>>
>>18418038
Have you tried burning your computer and your smart phone?
It may help.
Or you could just find something better to do, then later when you get that urge, find something else better to do, then repeat process.
>>
>>18418349
>burn your phone and your computer
that's literally the worst advice I've ever heard on /ad/. how is he supposed to do anything in today's world without a phone and a computer? he'll just end up needing to buy new ones.
>>
>>18418355
Clearly, you lack the coherency to comprehend sarcasm.
hahahaha
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.