[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why am I so incapable of planning things? I get so anxious and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Why am I so incapable of planning things?
I get so anxious and overwhelmed that I end up breaking shit and turning into an asshole.
I'm suppose to plan a roadtrip with my gf but OCD kicks into gear and I am going full blown autistic and have booked 1 place and we are suppose to leave in 4 days... shes pissed at me and I am pissed at myself.

What the fuck is wrong with me? its like this with everything in life..
>>
>>18417999

>why am i so incapable of planning things?

probably because:
> (you) get so anxious and overwhelmed that I end up breaking shit and turning into an asshole.

if your OCD is real, as in you are diagnosed by someone that isn't you, the internet, or generalassumptions from friends, then she should be more understanding, this isn't something you can just over power.

if by OCD you just mean you're a normal person who claims to have OCD, then yeah i can see why shes pissed.
>>
>>18417999

>i have OCD
>whats wrong with me?
>i have OCD

hmmm.
>>
>>18418002
No, I genuinely have OCD.

I have been diagnosed on 3 occasions.
>>
in all seriousness though, a lot of people our generation have trouble making decisions because we had that power taken away from us growing up.

when my dad was a kid he'd be left home alone all day while his parents were at work, and he'd go all the way across town and just check in by sunset.

when I was a kid my parents had baby sitters for us until middle school, then in middle school they would insist that we call them no matter where we go. like we lived in a town with duplexes, so id go to the neighbors and say 'hey im at jazzys house' and then if we decide to go to the house connected to hers i had to call and sday 'hey im at johnathans house'.

they did this because 'we need to be able to reach you in an emergency' but itw as a pretty dumb rule.

when my dad was a kid he could just ask to use the bathroom and they'd let him go. now teachers are pretty adamant baout not letting you go until the break, they make you sign out intricate hallpasses etc. kids these days get to choose virtually nothing.

so suddenly they are an adult and are expected to make all these decisions and they dont know what to do cuz they assume every single choice they make is going to be the wrong choice, they simply cannot handle the responsibility. I had days where all I had to do is try to pick between two different takes of the same fucking shot, but i couldnt decide which take of each clip would make or break the project, even though both were just fine.

then about a week ago my dog got really sick and i had to decide whether or not to put her down. i chose to put her down, and the enormity of the situation finally hit me. as a kid you dont choose to have your pet put down, your parents do. its very different. making the choice really made me realize that the consequences suck but ultimately dont matter. you can choose literally anything and you're going to feel about the same.

my point here is if you have tyrouble making decisions, simply start flipping coins.
>>
hello
>>
I should just kill myself at this point
now my gf does not want to go on the trip with me
and says we are breaking up.
shes fucking serious
5 years down the fucking drain
>>
>>18419277

soudns like ab lessing if she literally can't understand that you have a legitimate disorder.

if she snot willing to compensate for that, then she needs to get out of there. shes not obligated to stay, i dont think shes wrong for not wanting to put up with it, but she hsouldnt be getting mad at you for something out of your control
>>
>>18417999
Told you to go to CO in your last thread.

Why didn't you listen? asshat.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.