[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

my dad had a stroke and i dont know what to get him for fathers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1463680657789.jpg (74KB, 473x575px) Image search: [Google]
1463680657789.jpg
74KB, 473x575px
my dad had a stroke and i dont know what to get him for fathers day.

i usually just get him tools but he cant use em.
>>
>>18417924
Is that picture a reference to his heart, since it's inside of him and killing him?
>>
>>18417924
Sorry to hear that. I mean maybe just try spending time with him and taking him on an event or something. Just buy him a "thing" feels kinda hollow.
>>18417940
Christ.
>>
>>18417952

cant really go out, i live in a different state. ill visit late in the summer but we dont get along well to begin with, i had brain damage for a month and he never even called me.
>>
>>18417924
get him something funny like a droopy clock or a candle where one side is droopy and the other is normal.
>>
>>18417966
sorry I didn't mean funny as if the stroke itself is funny, but something to rib at him and maybe make him laugh.
>>
>>18417924
Get something simple like a movie he likes or something.
>>
>>18417976

i think this is probably the future of gift giving. hes a master pirate so doesn't need it but he didnt usany of the tools i gave him either they just stayed in the box, its just for show really any way.
>>
>>18417960
Well, I don't know how good or bad your relationship with him is, but if you are asking for advice then you obviously still care a bit. Get him some kinda of whiskey or other alcoholic beverage he likes. Say you'll come around to share in the bottle together when you have time, if you feel up to it.
>>
>>18417988

id have to check but im 99% sure someone who just had a stroke isn't allowed to drink. and he actually had two strokes so... probably not.

>you still care

honestly not really, he left us when we were kids then came back and acted like we were the awful ones. i get him a gift because of status quo, because if i dont its just going to lead to a conversation about how im the worst son ever and blah blah.
>>
>>18417988
>drinking alcohol after a stroke
You're probably still more qualified than most third world doctors, at least
>>
>>18417998
>>18418048
Kek, alright I'll admit I didn't know anything about strokes and alcohol. Don't poison your father OP, just send him a lame ass Hallmark card if you feel so coldly about it. Inexpensive and it's the bare minimum to keep up pretenses that you care.
>>
>>18418098

ive considered sending him something like happy birthday and just crossing it out and writing 'fathers day'.

i dont think hed take that as aggressive he finds that kinda shit funny.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.