[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>over stayed my visa in Japan >currently hiding at gf's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1495015839024.jpg (205KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1495015839024.jpg
205KB, 960x1280px
>over stayed my visa in Japan
>currently hiding at gf's apartment and only leaving if necessary
So I have 2 options, I want to leave by the end of the month,don't want to get her in trouble
>turn myself in, face up to a week in jail and 5 years banashment
>apperently her cousin knows somebody that can smuggle me into russia, and from there fly out of Vladivostok or just hang out there for a bit (I know some russian and I don't want to go back to US) but how and when is vague and would involve some sketchy people
what do?
>>
>>18416377
Maybe make your way to the embassy? I'm sure they won't arrest your for self-deportation
>>
>>18416381
This. Especially if you say "Tasukete. Mayotte."(Help. Lost.) to the police. They'd have to take pitty on you.
>>
>>18416396
It's true, it's the law there
>>
>>18416396
You dont know japan hes going to prison and prison is hell for foreigners
>>
>>18416377
You could illegally immigrate to the US, and upon being caught, confess that you are a US citizen
>>
>>18416377
>>apperently her cousin knows somebody that can smuggle me into russia, and from there fly out of Vladivostok or just hang out there for a bit (I know some russian and I don't want to go back to US) but how and when is vague and would involve some sketchy people
God damn but this is a terrible idea. How the fuck are you going to fly out of Vladivostok if you have no Russian visa and were there illegally? Have you even been to Russia before? You really want to get caught out as an illegal alien in the Russian Federation? Because that's by definition what you're going to be, and that's what they're going to treat you as. The fact that you're (I'm assuming) white and American won't save you there.

Getting in touch with the US embassy is an excellent idea, and they'll tell you if there's anything else you can/should do, but probably you're going to have to get cleaned up nicely and throw yourself on the mercy of some immigration official, and hope you get one who's willing to take pity on you. It's definitely better than getting caught by the cops with an expired visa or trying to leave the country on one, though; if that happens you're definitely going to jail.
>>
>>18416449
this
>>
>>18416377
Is your girlfriend Japanese? Just marry her and BOOM, you're a citizen
>>
>>18416516
This and the embassy are the only real choices I see, OP. Don't fucking smuggle yourself to Russia, fuck that's a horrible idea. As the anon above stated, you're gonna be in the same boat there as you are in Japan, only facing Russian prisons and I don't think you want to be in one of those.
>>
ITT: posters who have never traveled. The embassy won't do shit for you. Your only recourse is to go straight to the Japanese immigration bureau. Depending on how long you overstayed, you might just get a slap on the wrist if you are lucky, or deported and banned if unlucky.
>>
>>18416449
>>18416381
>>18416575
The embassy won't really do anything, and could report me, The only reason I was thinking Russia would be a good option is that I spent a week in Moscow and bribery runs rampant in russia, I figure it would be easier to line the pockets of somebody there and get out. I have a dual american-german citizenship, it would be along ass haul but I really want to see my gf and visit japan again
>>
>>18416516
We've been dating for 8 months not sure if it's something she'd be down for, and even so getting married with an expired visa might fuck everything up. It also take awhile for citizenship to finalize even with marriage
>>
>>18416377
>Go to the US Embassy
>apply at 4 eikaiwas
>get into at least one if you have a pulse
>return to Japan within the month on a work visa

How is this difficult?
>>
>>18416630
This. Just make 1000000% sure you go to them, and not the other way around.
>>
Turn yourself in and you'll be fine. Japanese authorities arent super evil. Maybe theyll deport you or not give a fuck at all. They are not going to throw you in jail.
>>
>>18416377
I mean a week in jail is nothing. if anything, it's an interesting experience. it's just a week.
bigger concern might be your 5 years of banishment. I don't know your interest in visiting japan in the near future so that's up to you to decide. Can you live without being able to visit japan for 5 years or not.
Avoiding sketchy people is always a good idea. But if you can't manage 5 years banishment than that's your best bet I guess
>>
What would happen if you just hopped on a plane? Bought a same day ticket and left?
>>
You're not going to go to jail for overstaying your visa. At worst you'll be fined and deported
>>
>>18416377
I mean yeah, you're in a bad spot right now, but you have to think positive! If you're going to be deported anyways, nobody on /adv/ help you. Instead you should post more hotties. Do it for the greater good. We'll never forget your sacrifice, you brave soul ('~')7
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.