[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A group of people I know were planning this big trip for months,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1436240709427.jpg (31KB, 615x456px) Image search: [Google]
1436240709427.jpg
31KB, 615x456px
A group of people I know were planning this big trip for months, and one of the people cancelled. They needed to find someone to take their place so they invited me, kind of last minute.

Am I a chump for agreeing to go, or should I stop being a retard and just be happy that I was invited at all?

This seems to happen often, they'll make plans and I'll be the last one invited. Not sure what to think of it.
>>
>>18415817
Be happy they invited you. Could they take all their friends,of course not. I'm sure there's only room for so many. If they didn't like or consider you a real friend they wouldn't offer at all.
>>
>>18415817

depends really. you say this is the norm but how bad is this? do you invest more in them then they do in you? or are you just mad that some people who kind of know you invite you when theres room but havent taken the time to declare you their bff?
>>
>>18415835

> do you invest more in them then they do in you?

No not really, good point.

> or are you just mad that some people who kind of know you invite you when theres room but havent taken the time to declare you their bff?

Yah most of them don't know me all too well, so I guess I'll just take the grateful route and be happy with the invite.

Thanks for the words.

>>18415829

These words are good too, many thanks.
>>
>>18415851

well there you go man, go and if you do like them invest in them, form a connection, then invite them to hang out at yours some time. friendships a two way street.
>>
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0yJLWU3wwp3
>>
>>18416066

lmao, think I've heard your voice before, can't remember from what threads though.

And I guess so? Like if I'm really at the bottom (?) I guess that'd be for some reason, like they hold enough contempt for me not to think of me as a real friend. It's weird that all this planning was going on and I was never invited in on it. It bummed me out reading the chat log, they were having a good enough time without me for sure, and they could have technically invited me the entire time.

But then again I'm avoidant of people so I don't do much on my end, and haven't had that much exposure to the group beyond one or two people, so it could just be because I'm too distant or whatever.
>>
>>18415817
I had friends like that growing up. The best decision I made was getting a new group of friends.
>>
>>18416113

Don't think that's an option. I haven't made a new friend in the past three years (despite school/multiple jobs), think I've lost the ability to somehow.

If I cut contact with these people it'll probably be a long ass time until I hang out with anyone again, if ever.
>>
>>18415817
I say go for it and see how they treat you while you are there. If they ignore you and treat you less then you know that they don't really like you. If they treat you kindly like they treat everyone else in the group then you know that they like ya. This is a good way to see if you belong in this circle.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.