[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've lost my job and can't get a new one. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: myturntospeak.jpg (38KB, 750x816px) Image search: [Google]
myturntospeak.jpg
38KB, 750x816px
I've lost my job and can't get a new one. I'm going to university in september. Is streaming on twitch a viable way to make money?
>>
why in the hell are you going to university if you have no money to begin with?
>>
>>18415430
Are you:
A) a hot chick, or
B) An entertaining dude?
If you are neither, then I've got bad news.
>>
File: gaysilence.jpg (43KB, 640x688px) Image search: [Google]
gaysilence.jpg
43KB, 640x688px
>>18415438
Its free (for the most part) if you're poor in Canada.
>>18415445
I think I'm an entertaining dude but I'm sure that I could become even more entertaining if I learned how.
>>
Not at all no, it's like trying to be an athlete, succeed in a talent show type show or make it on youtube. It's possible but highly unlikely.
>>
>>18415478
Then try it out my dude. You only have your pride to lose if you fail. I'd say pick something single player to start off with. Streaming shit like Hearthstone or something would probably be too hard with the established twitch personalities already ingrained into the scene.
>>
>>18415430
Twitch takes a lot of time and a lot of luck to pay off. You do actually have to genuinely be funny and that is literally the hardest form of performance in human culture (if you're not a hot chick).

Do you have the artistic skills to make a brand for yourself? Friends that are artistic? Know how to make emojis? Ever run a youtube channel? Are you genuinely good at video games?

University is a better bet as you will be able to take two years to actually look into classes and other interesting subjects. If you're set on streaming you can even take classes that are about marketing/ advertising. Take an acting class or a improv class that will literally make you funnier and able to think on your feet more (which is mandatory if you're in a game and something funny happens).
>>
>>18415478
I'm a poor Canadian and it's not close to being basically free, what are you taking about?
>>
>>18415430
Not as a student. You'd have to dedicate over 6 hours per day. $100 for a mic setup unless using a headset then whatever a webcam costs. Greenscreen time learning software, promoting your stream literally everywhere otherwise you end up like the other 20,000 people on twitch with 0-1 viewer. And if you viewbot for an initial following once you stop paying you'll have zero real followers.
>>
>be cute/big boobs/alternative girl/trap
>be really entertaining
>be really good gamer
those are the only 3 ways you might succeed, from most to least income
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.