[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Posted this yesterday, only got one reply. Trying again. I attend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1481566500760.png (457KB, 883x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1481566500760.png
457KB, 883x1024px
Posted this yesterday, only got one reply. Trying again.

I attend a university on a country that’s not the US.

Here’s how it goes, if you fail the course you get to do an exam, if you fail the exam then you get to take the course again. Eventually there comes a point when you can’t fail anymore… so they give you one final exam. That’s where I am / was.

This exam happened last week and I couldn’t answer anything on it (I am really dumb / bad on that subject). So I stood up and just delivered it like that, blank.

Now, I haven’t heard a thing from the Professor, I haven’t received an email, nothing. This exam was my last chance and (seeing that I have failed it) I am in danger of being expelled.

Usually in these kinds of cases for the professors (from all over the university) it goes both ways: either the professor is just and he gives you what you deserve or in some other cases, they act as if nothing had happened and give you a false grade, a passing one none the least.

In my case… I don’t know what to do. Should I wait and see what awaits me? Should I try to get in contact with the professor, send him an email, ask for an opportunity or a favor?

What should I do? What should I say?

I know I deserve to be expelled for being dumb, I know but, I am kind of desperate, and there’s still time for me to talk with the man.
>>
I dont think anyone here can help you.
Your options are

>A, do nothing and wait for the eventual 'you failed'
>B, talk to school counselor about your options
>C, talk to the professor about your options

You're an adult and should treat this situation as such, own up to it.

Personally I would talk to a school counselor.
Approach them with an honest
>Hi my name is ___. I took the course _____. I failed the course and the exam several times, and was wondering what options this leaves me in terms of getting my degree in _______.

Like I said, youre an adult, and its literally their job to advice people in this situation. In the states we have guidance counselors or academic advisors, surely you have something like that. And like I said, this is all depending on your school or your professors rules, so you cant really get specific advice on this site.

Good luck.
>>
>>18415252

>school counselor

Nothing like that.

I am alone on this one. My only contact right now is the professor.
>>
>>18415264
Surely someone is in charge of counseling students, academically wise.
A department head. Dean. Something.

If no, talk to the professor in the same manner. Own up to it, and ask what your options are.
>>
>>18415205
Considering it's a serious case, they're probably going to discuss this on a meeting and this would take much longer than usual. But I think your chance of surviving is pretty high; the present economy is getting worse so losing paying student hurts a university now.

Just sit tight and wait. Or better yet take your time to ponder one serious question : Are you better off NOT taking this course?
>>
>>18415298

Everything is really weird and disconnected here.

No meeting either, since its a public university here its cheap to get in so shitloads of people enter each semester. So them losing one (me) is not really a problem.

>Are you better off NOT taking this course?

I can't anymore. That exam was my last chance, I didn't answer any of the questions. My grade would be a literal - 0 - .

Right now I am relying on the ''good will'' of the professor.

I just dont really know if I should contact him.

But what >>18415272 said about talking to him sounds reasonable.
>>
>>18415316
>I didn't answer any of the questions.
Why didn't you write anything down? Did you choked up or you simply don't know the answers?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.