[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hypothetical situation: You feel like you are going completely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1425675629615.png (65KB, 285x276px) Image search: [Google]
1425675629615.png
65KB, 285x276px
Hypothetical situation:
You feel like you are going completely insane. Your thoughts are no longer coherent. You've been isolated from the rest of the world for years. Every day is a struggle to function in basic ways and suicidal thoughts are becoming invasive. You are useless, worthless, unlovable. You lost your spark, ambition, your sense of humor and your ability to enjoy anything life has to offer. You can no longer contribute to society in a positive way, you're a drain and a burden on everyone around you.

Should you go through with it and just end your life?
>>
>>18415120

no. unless you are parapalegic you can find some form of volunteer work that yo wont fuck up
>>
>>18415739
What if you're too unmotivated to work, let alone leave your own house?
>>
>>18415120
If i was in this situation I would take an objective look at it as an outsider and try to fix something. Anything at all. Maybe the area im in isnt allowing me to feel right. Maybe Ive fallen on bad habits. Maybe I never tried enough. I would try as hard as I could to fix the situation I was in even if I thought it wouldnt do anything. I think it would be worth working hard for. I already find no joy in much of anything. Its not like trying would make me find even less joy. motivated or not I would try to force myself to do something. anything to improve
>>
>>18415743

you do it anyways. life isn't about getting motivated, its about doing what you have to despite how you feel about it.
>>
>>18415752
>>18415751
How do you force yourself to do the things you know you need to do in order to improve your life? What if you have no energy and you're barely clinging on to the will to live?
>>
>>18415800

>how do you force yourself to do the things

by forcing your self. forcing is not a 12 step process. its literally doing it despite not wanting to.

>what if you have no energy and you're barely clinging on to the will to live?

you do it anyway.
>>
>>18415814
How? It's easy to say "just do it" but "doing it" i.e. anything seems out of reach. What are some ways I can force myself to just do something? Do I need to carry around a whip and hit myself on the back until I get up and do something productive?
>>
>>18415825

>how

by forcing your self. AGAIN it is not some multi step process. forcing your self is literally just forcing your self. there is no other steps.

>its easy to say ''just do it''

yes it is easy to say it. i know its not easy to do, if it was we wouldn't call it 'forcing' your self. just because something is 'hard' does not mean you get some free pass to not do it.

>anything seems out of reach

but you know it isn't, so let your rational side win.

>what are some ways i can force my self to just do something

by doing it. need to go do the dishes? go do them. there is not some secret first step to doing this. it wouldn't make sense, if you aren't going to have the motivation to just do the dishes you wouldn't have the motivation to do something that motivates you to do the dishes.

>do i need to whip my self

if that helps, sure, but again, if you arent motivated enough to do the dishes i doubt oyu're motivated enough to whip your self. seems easier just to go do the dishes.

>BUT I DONT WANT TO
do it anyways.
>>
Keep it cool.
Everything comes to an end eventually. The world will come to an end. Your life will come to an end. These thoughts will come to an end.
While that's daunting as fuck- there is peace in knowing that nothing is permanent.
What you're going through is terrible and sad and heart-wrenching. I get it. Me too.
But while I'm still alive I want to get up and eat breakfast. I want to shower and go to work. After work I want to see my dearest friends because right now they are the only thing keeping me together.
Someday I want to help a shitton of people. Someday I want to make music because that's what brings me joy.
These things that are so difficult for me have slowly helped me heal. I'm not completely better but holy shit I'm still alive and I don't know how I managed that.
So are you. You'll die someday. Right now is just not the time.
Live while you can pal. I promise it won't do you any harm to try.
>>
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1xdgshfFmlX
>>
>>18416058
Thanks oney I actually feel better now
>>
>>18415825
It seems like what you're asking for is some kind of "justification" for doing things. There are many different kinds and what works depends on the nature of the person. I found it easier to do things by "living for others". Like, deep down you know you are a piece of shit, but while you are beyond hope, you help as many others as you can. Lose yourself in self-sacrifice and become a martyr. After a while, maybe you can look back and feel good about yourself and improve. Probably not the healthiest way to go about things, but it might work.
>>
>>18415120
>don't open up the can of worms to workmates

This is the only thing you'd ever want to do...
>>
>>18415120
I lift, fueled by the voices in my head and by the rage I feel against being so useless, transforming it into a desire to become something instead of staying as nothing.
Or something like that.
>>
>>18415120
I'd jump out of a plane without a parachute while wearing a full clown costume.
>>
>>18415120
This is how you actually feel, isn't it? Be honest. I'd stop wallowing in self-pity, for starters, of course you can't contribute anything to society if all you're willing to do is sit at home and whine "Oh, woe is me!"
>>
>>18415830
>BUT I DONT WANT TO
>do it anyways
This. Quit yer bitching and get off your ass, nancyboy, few things worth doing are easy.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.