[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it worthless for me to pursue multimedia as a female? i can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

is it worthless for me to pursue multimedia as a female?

i can't really see myself freelancing/self-employed 24/7 and would like to work in a company sometime in my life and this shit might sound ridiculous but everytime I see a behind the scenes, whether it's in movies, gaming, whatever the fuck it is, all you see is mostly male employees, save for that 3 second snippet of a makeup artist that's a grill.

is this because overall girls don't pursue multimedia in the first place or because they don't get accepted into companies?

i already have been turned down into a local company because "we just dont think you can handle a camera, being a woman and all".

i'd be fine if i was turned down for my skills, but for shit that i really can't help it drives me up the fucking wall.

i'm not even that feminine and i don't look attractive at all if that counts for my success.

should i just give it up and pursue cock-warming and coffee-bringing?

>inb4 it's worthless to pursue multimedia whether you're male or female
not the point here, but thank you for your input
>>
Weird I never thought of that as a male career. Quite the contrary, I thought of it as something rich girls study because it's fun and because they don't need a "real" career that will get them money because they can just eventually get married or live off the wealth of their parents.
Maybe you get a job in Star Wars now that it's run by that white pseudo-feminist cunt whore Kathleen Kennedy.
>>
>>18414887
If you're worried about being short handed in this career path because you're female then you would likely worry about the same thing in just about every neutral employment opportunity. Just remember this, if you want this job badly enough then you'll work for it. Don't give them a choice whether or not to hire you, show them that you really enjoy what you're doing and that you're willing to work for them. Do whatever you can to better yourself in your career and people will take notice regardless if you're a woman
>>
>>18414887

a little bit of both. it was a boys club for the most part, and as a result women don't pursue it much.

not many women really want to get into the field behind the scenes unless its artsy or acting or such.

most of the top feminist movies were written by men and such.

as for the camera, thats actually a thing. even an all female production company hired a male camera man because unless you're on a DSLR its heavy, and al lthe stuff that comes with it is heavy.
>>
>>18414905
i dont want to be muh strong femunusm xD either. i just want to be treated as a neutral employee.

and yeah I understand that point of view. i have always been jealous of some of my relatives for being able to go to "art school" with everything paid because they have richass families while I murdered my own guts for even as little as THINKING of doing such thing.

unfortunately i'm far from rich, but to sum it up i realized there is no other field that no matter how much promise and money there is that i can do. it's just how it is.

>>18414907
>you would likely worry about the same thing in just about every neutral employment opportunity
there are some careers where I would have an advantage though I believe. especially where I live, a rural area living off tourism and hotels, where attractive tig ol bitties girls are needed to cockwarm and welcome all the richass tourists.
receptionist, maid, spa therapist, waitress, on and on.
you know, "women jobs".

i understand what you mean though, thank you

>>18414917
>not many women really want to get into the field behind the scenes unless its artsy or acting or such
true, i'm really not one to be in front of the cameras personally though

>most of the top feminist movies were written by men and such.
i don't know jack shit about feminism actually nor big-name movies for that matter 2bh

>as for the camera
yeah I undersand that and that's what I was thinking of too. shit's not a fucking feather, far from that.
but when I look around and have guns bigger than the 3 scrawny guys working there (i could probably lift them up too) it really makes me think to what extent is this "biological".

next time i'll wear a tank top to show them off i guess.
>>
>>18414887
>whatever the fuck it is, all you see is mostly male employees, save for that 3 second snippet of a makeup artist that's a grill
Sounds like you're just a bigot. If you need to have a job where everyone "looks like you", and spends more time caring for you than doing actual work, well go look for that. Good luck. If you want a job because you like the field, build up a resume/portfolio, and apply to 200 different places
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.