[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to community college right now and i want to transfer to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1474302898998.gif (539KB, 568x320px) Image search: [Google]
1474302898998.gif
539KB, 568x320px
Going to community college right now and i want to transfer to a 4 year university. I plan on getting my Associate of Arts Degree but im not sure what should be my area of emphasis. Im stuck between Engineering and Technology or Natural Sciences
>>
>>18412562
Bump
>>
This is a slow board, you don't need to bump it so quickly. And since you're at a community college, can't you get both and transfer with an emphasis in one? It might give you more time to decide which you'd rather devote more time to
>>
>>18412607
Im trying to get out asap and i want to focus on one right now because i want to take a summer class to be ahead
>>
>>18412618
I'm at a community college too, and while I want to hurry the fuck up and leave it's also a lot cheaper to try everything now and have a decision set in stone than to do so later at a more expensive university. Personally I'm trying to decide if I want to stick with music or try getting into some STEM stuff. Once I'm caught up on general ed I'm planning to take course in other subjects while I can, just in case I find something better. Can't beat $46 a unit
>>
>>18412562
American education is so weird. How could you get an associate degree in Arts by focusing on technology or science?

Anyway, to answer your question, it depends on what you find more interesting.

Like, for example, when you think of the Hadron collider, are you more excited by the fact that it allowed scientists to prove the existence of the Higgs boson, or its colling system that circulates 96 tonnes of superfluid Helium 4 to keep the superconductive magnets at operating temperature?

To me (an engineer), the former sounds dry and stuffy, and of little consequence to any system I could build or maintain. The latter sounds like an awesome challenge that I would be excited to see the solution to.

In simpler terms, natural sciences are about finding out how the universe works; engineering is knowing how the universe works, and using that knowledge to solve mankind's problems.

Pick whichever sounds more interesting to you.
>>
>>18412642
>American education is so weird. How could you get an associate degree in Arts by focusing on technology or science?
Not him, but academic terms are basically random anyway. At Oxford and Cambridge, your degree is a BA regardless of the subject, and some of their master's degrees have "Bachelor" in the title.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.