[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a 27-year-old high school dropout and I've never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1280x720-t-A.jpg (121KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1280x720-t-A.jpg
121KB, 1280x720px
I'm a 27-year-old high school dropout and I've never had a job.

I'm starting to get a little tired of being broke so when my friend told me his work is hiring (simple manual labor) I actually considered applying. But since I have zero qualifications and no employment record I don't think I could ever actually get a job. Even if my lack of education, training and experience didn't disqualify me I have to imagine my never having worked before would turn off employers.

Did I ruin my life?
>>
>>18412171
At this point, you either have to call the HR department and tell them if they have any job opening. Doing so, makes them think that you are more willing to work than the average candidate.
>>
>>18412187

I don't know what this means.
>>
>I'm a 27-year-old high school dropout and I've never had a job
How is this?

>simple manual labor
what is this??

>did I ruin my life
you severely hurt your chances of getting a doctorate or something, but even that is still possible.
>>
>>18412187
>>18412246
He's saying you should either go in and ask for the hiring manager or call the HR department and ask if there are any openings. This is a sign of eagerness and putting yourself at the top of the list (with the other people who are also at the top of the list). This is pretty much the only way I have landed a job as a person with low qualifications.
>>
>>18412260
>How is this?

I live with my mom so I don't have to pay for rent or food.
>>
>>18412171
>did I ruin my life?
If you were trying to go the traditional route (work your way up a large corporate ladder), then yes you did. But, if this wasn't your goal, then no you didn't. Redigit, the guy who created Terraria, was a high school dropout, and now most likely has a few million in the bank from his game, which he spent probably 6-7 years in total working on it, including updates. The only way your life is ruined OP is if your low IQ.
>>
>>18412336
are you depressed? do you have goals in life?
>>
>>18412403

I am depressed and I have goals and my depression makes it harder to fulfill those goals.

Feel pretty good at the moment though.
>>
>>18412408
What are your goals anon?
>>
>>18412408
so long as you overcome your depression, your life is just beginning

do you have regrets other than wasting time? either way, a fresh start is a nice idea.
>>
>>18412416

I want to make a living with art, which has been my only passion my entire life.

>>18412425
>do you have regrets other than wasting time?

Not really. Sometimes I think it would have been nice to have had sex or a girlfriend, but when I fantasize about the life I wish I could live those things aren't part of it.

The only regret I have is not dropping out of school as soon as I could to focus on my art, and for not discovering the resources I have now sooner. But that falls under wasted time I think.
>>
>>18412443
>29
>haven't had sex or a girlfriend
>haven't been busy

holy fucking shit. see a psychologist and if they seem smart take all of their advice without arguing.

>>18412250
>>
>>18412469

I'm pretty sure the waitlist for a psychologist in my area is like six months.
>>
>>18412171
That depends, what did you do before you needed a job?
Did you grind in life or are you not as ruff and still got an edge.
Do you have beef with the world or you just want some cream?
But not everything is as it seems.
>>
>>18412686

What is this faggotry
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.