[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My boyfriend's sex drive has completely disappeared. Everything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1497124639463.png (50KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1497124639463.png
50KB, 200x200px
My boyfriend's sex drive has completely disappeared.

Everything was fantastic up until about six months ago. If its relevant, he used to be a heavy benzo user after a very difficult period in his life, but hasn't taken anything for around 8 months.

He assures me isn't anything to do with me physically. I don't think this is the case either, as I have only improved on my looks since we got together. We have a great life together with no stresses.

How is it possible to cope with such a drastic change in sex drive?

It's really affecting my confidence and is causing a real divide in our relationship. It's making intimacy awkward as he's clearly trying to avoid getting to the stage where he has to actively turn me down. If I ask about it, he gets stressed and tries to move on as soon as possible, saying that he thinks it's related to cortisol levels.

I've tried taking control, being more suggestive, being submissive and dominant, talking about it, ignoring it...nothing seems to work and sex is becoming less and less frequent.
>>
couples therapy, speech therapy and a check at the doc.
>>
>>18411609
He's probably fucking somebody else, because you're annoying / an anooyance on pms. That would be my guess
>>
>>18411613

I wouldn't say I'm annoying (although I guess I would say that). I'm supportive, we never argue, we have a very fulfilling life together. He could very well be sleeping with someone else but I don't think he'd have the time or the opportunity to do that, unless it was online or something like that.
>>
>>18411609
I don't think he's necessarily cheating on you. Try to find the source of the problem, if he says it's cortisol levels then he should have it checked and if it's not that then go by eliminating method. Ofc this will work only if both of you are willing to dedicate your time to it.

Btw, I feel you. My sex drive is much higher than my bf's but it always has been. It can be tough sometimes
>>
It may just be he has a lot on his mind. Underlying stress can cut into everything. When I was having financial issues my sex drive plummeted no doubt to the regret of my GF but once the problems were resolved it came back

Hard to feel in the mood when you can't get problems off of your mind. It's like trying to think of having sex with you while mentally seeing a pile of shit. It's not you that is the pile of shit or even related to you but he can't not see it until it's gone.

If he's finding his problems hard he may be reluctant to talk about them hoping to resolve everything himself as I think it means a lot to a man to be able to sort his own shit out.
>>
>>18411663
Where were you when I was single? My wife's was very high during dating and our first 2 years of marriage. Now, she's dropped off to damn near zero. She blames 2 kids. I call BS. Is this why people wife swap?
>>
>>18411609
Maybe the benzos loosened him up and he is otherwise insecure about sex. Try alcohol or catching him at a time when he is more relaxed.

My SO is normally uninterested in sex, but is very horny if woken up for sex at like 2am.
>>
>>18411710

Thank you for your response. He doesn't really have any issues though - work is fine, financially we're comfortable, I don't ask for anything or put pressure on him. I'm completely independent and have no expectations. I could understand if there was some area of his life that was stressful or high pressure but there really isn't. I'll take your advice on board though.

>>18411663

Thank you. It is difficult. More so because the sex was absolutely amazing when it happened and I felt a real connection with him. Now it's gone, I still feel a connection but it's like we're just amazing friends rather than a couple.

>>18411762

I did think that could be a cause. This would be disappointing.

I don't think my attitude towards sex is very healthy either. My last partner had such a low sex drive that we once went six months with absolutely no sex. I'm terrified of falling into the same habits and to be honest, I'm starting to worry it's something to do with me.
>>
>>18411609
Either the problem is in his head
>so stressed / terrified / crazy he doesnt want sex at all
Or in his penis
>erectile disfunction

Since he is
>trying to avoid getting to stage where he has to actively turn me down
i bet my (You)s on erectice dysfunction. He cant pop a boner. You mentioned benzo, that is happy pill. Usualy it kills libido / boners, but sometimes it does the other way around. His brain got used to chemicals from it and without it he can get boner. And he is afraid of telling you, because boys arent allowed to show emotions or vulnerability. Also being boy with broken dick is humiliating.

Ask him directly:
>can you pop a boner? Show me.
then when he gets suoer defenzive tell him it is not end of world and try to ask him if he wont make you cum via oral or similiar.

Start by gaining back intimacy. Teach him you dont think less of him for broken dick and show him other sexual stuff. Then start working on his broken dick.

Good luck?
>>
>>18411609
I'm actually in the same boat as you. But I'm the guy.. So, for your boyfriends sake, have him exercise (if he doesnt) to boost his testosterone levels and loose any fat. If it's not that, I'd look into that pill or medical stuff he was taking. Hope that helps you both out, cheers.
>>
lol i'll tell you again what i told you a few months ago: going from steady diet of benzos for years to no moar benzos nao is all but guaranteed to send libido into the gutter while neurotransmitters are getting themselves sorted back out. it is not unusual for this process to take months or even a year or two. the pressure you're introducing makes it take much much longer because it adds an unnecessary element of (what becomes) neuroticism to also have to deal with and work through. get a vibe, stop driving a wedge further between you guys over this, and be patient ffs
>>
>>18411609
i don't know if this helps any, but i'm a girl and i can't have sex unless i'm on benzos. i'm otherwise too anxious and not turned on. he may just have an anxiety disorder or some other fixable mental disorder like depression or something. mental disorders can seriously kill someone's sex drive
>>
File: 2655040_2_o.jpg (28KB, 501x314px) Image search: [Google]
2655040_2_o.jpg
28KB, 501x314px
I wonder what it could be.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.