[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>in a long distance relationship for almost a year, after

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1399868139963.jpg (80KB, 600x607px) Image search: [Google]
1399868139963.jpg
80KB, 600x607px
>in a long distance relationship for almost a year, after three years of a normal one
>seemingly only two ways for gf to come here again, grad school or marriage
>not ready for marriage
>she doesn't really want to do grad school, it'd be 80% for me
>I could come to her country for a year, would like to but it has nothing to do with my career path

Any ideas, /adv/? Besides breaking up.
>>
>>18411432
fuck me please don't go to her country, unless you live in a shithole of course. I would brake up desu cut contact
>>
>>18411432
depends on her country and your field in career
>>
>>18411432
Why do you have to get married to move in together?
>>
>>18411432

marriage doesn't have to be real marriage. I mean you have to live together but you can go into it with the understanding that this is just to be together and not indicative of a lifelong commitment.

that being said, really if either of you goes to the others country you might as well be married. you are really just doing it to be with one anohter and giving up everything you have in your home just to be together. its a big commitment, really bigger than marriage as at least with marriage you can still live in the same fucking area of your friends and family.

you can try to get her a work visa, and if that doesn't go well you can try to fake a small business to get her there but that has its own unreasonable complications.

you can simply smuggle her in and out but its a lot harder to smuggle someone out then it is to smuggle someone in.

honestly its more effort htan its worth
>>
>>18411432
long distance does not work. The end.
>>
>>18411571
She's in Japan, I'm in the US. My field is the entertainment industry. Hers would ideally be graphic design, photography, videography

>>18411745
Because she can't get a visa without a job and can't get a job without a visa. The only "easy" ways are marriage or getting into school

>>18411780
I guess I think of marriage a little differently but I know it'd be a mistake to marry just so she could come here. Do you know of any other ways to get her a work visa?

>>18411807
Our relationship was a "normal" one for three years. It just recently became long distance.
>>
>>18411947

other then the legit way, no.
>>
>>18411432
You do need to have a plan to move in together
LDRs only work when you know you'll eventually remove the distance
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.