[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it OKAY to have videogames as your only interest these days?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1495526666225.gif (949KB, 301x300px) Image search: [Google]
1495526666225.gif
949KB, 301x300px
Is it OKAY to have videogames as your only interest these days?
Because I'm in this situation. Nothing aside from chilling with my gf and cats interests me in the slightest.
I work 7-10 hours 5 days a week, come home and just relax with either, and most evenings I'll just brainlessly play some game because it's what I do. Gf pretty much does the same - we met online after all, been together for almost a decade now, a couple for a few years.

I'm asking if it's okay because I feel like it really isn't, because literally everyone around us tells me that there are "so many more things to do in life". Such as watching tv...
>>
>>18411201
I don't see the issue here. There are so many things to do in life OP, but if they provide you with no utility or happiness, then there is point in taking them up. For example, a lot of people like to go on destination vacations, but I don't, so I'll be missing out on that. But I don't get any enjoyment out of it.
>>
>>18411211
I just feel like I'm an outcast that should continue avoiding everyone like a plague, because I'm too much of a lifeless loser to be worth talking to.
>>
File: 1495218659825.gif (2MB, 270x188px) Image search: [Google]
1495218659825.gif
2MB, 270x188px
>>18411201
Do what you like to do man. I think it might be worth it to at least TRY other things, as you might be surprised you like them, but if nothing else sticks; stick to video games.

People try to push more "productive" hobbies on others because it looks better but the reality is that most people are kinda boring, and if you don't have enough money you simply CANT have more interesting hobbies. People view reading, or tv, as more of a productive hobby than video games (for some reason), but when it comes down to it, all hobbies are technically a form of escapism from the daily grind depending on what you think.

Does it bother you that you only play games? If not, then you are all good; just don't let it become an addiction is all.
>>
playing video games in moderation is one thing but yes there is more to do in life. i found that out the hard way. I've played video games all of my life specifically halo 3. Every chance i got, i played halo 3 and other 360 games. from the time i came home from school to 1 in the morning i would play my 360 with little to no breaks, as a daily routine from 5th to 11th grade. i played even though i knew that it wasn't good for me, i was video game junky that couldn't stop playing. I was the kid who finished their test last, compared to other kids I was slower at everything whenever we worked on something. I have ADHD but i felt like video games made my symptoms worse, i generally felt like i have a bad memory. During school i was always committed to working hard and doing my best but i would think about play video games several times per class period. I got good grades but i don't think i was learning as much should, especially since i felt like i was behind everyone else. I wanted to be as outgoing as possible possible but i would avoid basic social situations, such as, avoiding to say hi or interacting with acquaintances but i had friends that was ok with talking to and didn't have to much of a problem socializing with them as well. but during my my senior year i felt this strong yet strange feeling that caused me to completely change my way of thinking and deciding to do as much as i possibly could for my last and final year at my high school. I slowed down my gaming time, playing video games once every three weeks, i didn't really have the urge to play video games that much since. I did so much that year, I made more friends in a year then I've ever had before, i joined attended at least one meeting for most clubs, and other things. Doing all those things made me realize that i was missing out on a lot of things while i was stuck at home playing video games for years. when you get older and look back on life, would you be fine with spending a majority of your..
>>
...life cooped up at home playing video games? i wouldn't and i regret playing video games as much as i did. there so many opportunities that I've missed, that i can't experience, that i didn't even know that i missed out on. but now that i know that there is more in life then playing video games and an infinite amount of doors that i can still open, I'll do my best to open as much doors as possible so i can find out everything that life has to offer
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.