[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you know your messages are bothering people? I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: yellow-tulips-35738-2560x1600.jpg (916KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
yellow-tulips-35738-2560x1600.jpg
916KB, 2560x1600px
How do you know your messages are bothering people?

I have a friend whom I like a lot and madly appreciate. Unfortunately we don't get to meet often because he moved to a different city and we both are busy people. Because of that we mostly communicate via messenger. And that's when the problem begins. I never know when/what to message him. I want to keep in touch with him and if possible, get closer, but at the same time I don't want to bother him or be clingy. Usually when I message him, he responds and at some point takes the lead of the conversation. But then our conversations often end abruptly because he doesn't message back, not even "bye" or "sorry I'm busy". I honestly can't tell whether he is just occupied with other things or doesn't wish to talk with me. Is there a way to find out without asking him?
>>
Why make it complicated? Just ask.
>>
>>18410676
Because I doubt he'll admit that my messages are bugging him, even if that's the case. He'll be perfectly polite and say the right thing...
>>
i'm a bit like your friend. i also have a few people i mostly communicate trough messages. i value them a lot, but i don't really wnjoy texting since it seems to take so much time and effort to say stuff you could say in a matter of seconds. texting convos are exhausting for me.
if i find the time, i still talk to them that way, but then life happens and i get distracted. often, i actually forget that i was texting with them. looking at my phone is not my priority. maybe i went to the toilet and had time to text you a lengthy message, but then i put my phone into my pocket and went grocery shopping. i might have had the intention to keep writing you, i might also wuickly read your answer before getting into the car, but then i could have met a friend at the shop and we decided to go grab a coffee, and when i came home i was already a bit late, so i had to put away the groceries, take a shower, do some work and then i went to bed snd fell asleep and completely forgot i was supposed to text you back again. i'll get to you again, but that might be 2-3 days later.
>>
>>18410670
i have the exact same thing going on with me anon
i know the feeling too well
>>
>>18410670
Reported
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.