[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really dislike promiscuity. I don't know if it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

I really dislike promiscuity. I don't know if it's a general gay thing or something that relates to the specific social circle I've fallen into, but this puts me at odds with most people I know. Sometimes I think my friends think my dislike for it is affected on some level, and I don't really know myself.

Whether you're promiscuous or not, what do you feel about promiscuity, what shapes these feelings, and how do you reconcile those feelings with others' when pursuing relationships, etc.?
>>
>>18410465
>Sometimes I think my friends think my dislike for it is affected on some level, and I don't really know myself.
what does this mean? what are you saying?

are you trying to say that your friends think that your dislike for promiscuity affects your friendships?
>>
>>18410472
nah, other definition of "affected," like I wonder if they think I just want to take moral high ground by being prudish. I can't think of any good "arguments" for not being slutty myself, but I think I just find it very distasteful. But if my friends and I talk about the issue, there I am with no good points and there they are all agreeing with the points they're making
>>
>>18410465
I had this a lot in high school, I find it disgusting and distasteful when people are generally too open about their sex lives, especially at that age. It's also annoying because they will also randomly hook up with people in/out of the social circle and make whatever comes after everyone else's burden.
>>
>>18410475
Assuming you're female? Maybe you just see it for how disgraceful it really is and possess an innate value of self worth?
>>
You should just be very open about this and your friends will accept your views if theyre mature enough. Tell them you don't really think it's the wrong thing to do per se, that you just don't like it at an emotional level for some reason.

For me, I really hated overt promiscuity when I was younger, especially when I felt insecure about myself in general. Now, I just feel kinda indifferent about it. Like I know they're having fun and it sucks because if more people get into that culture i wouldnt have a lot of people i could easily connect with, but i trust that everyone is different and there's always people who are on my level in terms of promiscuity.
>>
>>18410480
nah
>I don't know if it's a general gay thing...
>>
File: truth about sex.jpg (3MB, 4920x4161px) Image search: [Google]
truth about sex.jpg
3MB, 4920x4161px
>>18410475
>other definition of "affected,"
learn something new every day.

well there's pic related. there's

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/fulfillment-any-age/201304/the-lingering-psychological-effects-multiple-sex-partners

with the referenced study at

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3752789/pdf/nihms499028.pdf

and yeah. basically promiscuous people are more likely to be miserable people and die alone. watch lauren southern's videos on "what every girl should be told" and her cal poly speech if you want something easily digestible to show people. note that there aren't a lot of studies on the effects of promiscuity on men but what I would argue is that results tend to show that there is a similar effect as there is to women but that it's lessened, more than likely due to the difference in the ways men and women process and deal with emotional issues. then again take that with a grain of salt, I'm just a random on the internet, that's my theory, I don't have funding to pursue that hypothesis.
>>
>>18410481
Yeah, I feel that. I feel like it'd be a non-issue, but literally everyone in my social circle is very free love-y. It's partly a gay thing I think, but it also relates to other stuff that we relate on I guess. Maybe I need a new social circle... that's a really fucking hard order to fill though
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.