[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am about to lose my scholarships. I am a freshman in a US college

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: sad clown.jpg (629KB, 2500x1870px) Image search: [Google]
sad clown.jpg
629KB, 2500x1870px
I am about to lose my scholarships.
I am a freshman in a US college (Almost Junior by hour thanks to High School credit.) and I am about to lose my scholarships because of my grade point average being below the required 3.25. it is a 3.17.
I am in university with a fully paid first year scholarship in the media department.
In order to get a 3.25 I have to make an A on three summer classes. I should be able to on all but one.
College Algebra.
Despite having Aspergers, I am shit at math. I have struggled with it all my life.
I just don't know what I am going to do.
I am fantastic at my field of media and can produce great quality content, but my skills will go to waste all because I can't do math.
I don't know what I am going to do if I fail this class. I either am going to have to get a job in retail or kill myself.
I just feel like I am such a waste.
>>
>>18409878
Man, talk to the best one in math, so he helps you out with algebra. If you cant do it on your own, seek for help, it is always wiser than trying to hero by yourself.

get to know your limitations, and you will succeed.
>>
>>18409878

Einstein sucked at math too when he was in school I think.
>>
>>18409878
talk to your advisor about math tutoring. maybe you're having trouble with algebra because you're missing a foundational part of it or something.
>>
>>18410096

Wrong...this mean really needs to end.
>>
You need to find a tutor. I would make fun of you since algebra is pretty simple, but then I realize that I found calculus pretty tough and there are others that find it fairly elementary.

You need to find someone help you understand it in terms that speak to you while also really working your ass off studying constantly. You don't want to be saddled with too much debt out of college unless you are making huge bucks -
>>
>>18410135
This.

I went to a tutor 3 times a week for my college algebra class. I also have sucked at math my whole life. Never "got it" until I went to the tutor. She explained/taught me the way Texas public education never did or could. I got an A in that class.

I worked my ass off and paid a premium for the help, but it was worth it.

Get all the help you can. The cost of a short term tutor is nothing compared to the cost of a full ride scholarship.
>>
File: 1475376968790.jpg (48KB, 492x449px) Image search: [Google]
1475376968790.jpg
48KB, 492x449px
If you have the IQ to write in coherent sentences then you have the ability to get through college algebra. Math is a grindfest OP. You've just got to put in the time and the attention. Go through the examples in the book and teach yourself what's going on. Repeat for every type of equation until you've memorized how to solve them on their own. That's all there is to it. It's just another subject where you memorize things. And yes, it's a useless bullshit timesink activity, but it's a hoop our society makes you jump through and there's no getting around it if you want to have a degree.

I also struggled with math until I forced myself to put in the grind. Then I realized that it's actually not beyond my reach. It's just about investing the time.

PS, it really helps if you stop letting yourself drift off in class while the teacher's walking you through the problems the first go-round.
>>
I am terrible at math also mate, can't even do Algebra 1. I feel like I have a serious problem. I can do anything else without issue, but math is impossible. Probably not going to go to college because of it.
>>
>>18410096
nope that's not actually true
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/answer-sheet/wp/2016/02/11/was-albert-einstein-really-a-bad-student-who-failed-math/

Einstein was a prodigy who always got high marks in school.
>>
>>18409878
Don't take algebra this summer. Put it off until you get your GPA up. Take an easy course just to get your GPA up.

And if that isn't an option, talk with your adviser or the dean. Requirements (like minimal GPA) can sometimes be flexible, and they might give you one more term to save your scholarship.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.