[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am feeling ever growing anger towards my parents as of late.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

I am feeling ever growing anger towards my parents as of late.

Me and my fiance are saving for a house. My fiances parents have said they will help us with a deposit and match whatever my parents will put in. I went to my parents and asked, which for me was really hard as i'm quite proud.

They showed complete disinterest and my Dad said all his money is tied up in other stuff, even when I offered to pay it back. My Dad also now has a really good job and always takes my mother on lavish holidays. For his 60th birthday, my Mother paid for flying lessons and tonight he told me he might splurge 3 grand on flying a spitfire for 30 minutes. This is a week after telling me they couldn't help with a deposit.

He also told me earlier this weekend that for he is drawing up a Will and he wants to give 40% to my sister, 40% to me and the remaining 20% to his grandchildren. I have no children so that's 60% going to my sisters family.

My sister also has 6 children. Has massive debt (30K) because her and her husband would rather spend money on trash than pay for utility bills and their mortgage. She has also had an affair and threatened to divorce her husband. She gives my parents a ton of shit if they so much as forget a grandchilds birthday, but refuses to help my parents with house sitting when they go on holiday, which I end up doing.

Am I being a jerk here? First my parents flat refuse to even loan me money for a deposit for a house, my Dad then starts gleefully telling me about an expensive day he wants to treat himself after telling me he cant help with a house deposit, then I find out my parents essentially want to leave my sister 60% of their inheritance.

I feel like crying. I don't care about the money now but I just want to know why my parents obviously favour my sister.
>>
You sound like a piece of shit honestly, get your own fucking money to buy your own shit. You're acting like your dad is an asshole and spending your future money when he's in fact using his own money on stuff he wants. You deserve no inheritance at all, whore.
>>
>>18409248
Dont hurt yourself on that edge kid.

>>18409211
Op dont be sad. Some parents are just shit and have prefered child. Look at it this way. They know you will be ok even without their cash support. Life isnt fair. Sucks, but it is true. Give your dad cold shoulder when he will want something from you.

>maybe you arent biological kid of his and he knows it
Try asking your mom.
>>
>>18409248
I'm an asshole? I offered to pay back a loan, he is bailing sister out of massive debt and then telling me shes getting 60% inheritance and I'm getting 40%?
>>
>>18409211
Did you never see that Malcom in the Middle episode where Lois said she would throw Malcolm in a river to save Reese. Basically, she knows Malcolm will be fine. Its Reese that needs saving.

Basically your parents probably feel you are fine or well off, while your sister needs more help. I would take this as a reminder whenever your parents ask for help, and at the same time just move on. Be thankful you at least have some people willing to pitch in money.
>>
>>18409265
She has 7 mouths to feed and you have 2, so what's the problem?
It's really nice how you see your parents as giant piggybanks though, I can really feel the love.
>>
>>18409291
Why have 6 children, decided that brand new laptop's, mobile phones and toys are priority than paying for a roof over their heads. I've never once in my life asked for a dime from my folks. Not once until now.
>>
>>18409302
>I've never once in my life asked for a dime from my folks. Not once until now.
muh just world

as your father see it, your sister needs the money more because she's a dumbass with a fucking litter of his grandkids.
>>
I hope you realize, that as first time home owner's (assuming US here) that you usually don't need to put the traditional 20% down. you can also qualify for low down payments or do something like a seller's concession to go towards a down payment.
>>
>>18409367
Actually UK here. You can go as low as 5% but that's if you go for the government help to buy scheme. If we go for the regular 10%, there is still stamp duty which is anything from 8 to 20 grand on top of your loan. We will also have to go for a 25 year mortgage now.

I know the housing market is bad everywhere but it's like the UK will just turn into an island of landlords at this rate.
>>
>ask someone else for a loan
>they say no
>get mad when they spend their own money on themselves
yeah you're being entitled, its not your money so you don't have any say in how it gets spent
>>
>>18409386
I'm already over it bro and as someone has pointed out my dad probably sees my dumbass sister as needing looking after.

It's the housing market I'm annoyed about truth be told.
>>
>>18409398
glad to know you're feeling better OP. maybe consider giving a packet of condoms to your sister as a gift. she needs to stop breeding.
>>
>>18409211
>Your parents have no obligation to pay for your shit as an married adult.

Yes you are a jerk. Which most likely is why they give your sis more - aside from you not giving them Grandchildren.

So well. Fuck off.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.