[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it so hard to keep a dishwasher? I'm the manager

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: ErqGO55.gif (495KB, 500x285px) Image search: [Google]
ErqGO55.gif
495KB, 500x285px
Why is it so hard to keep a dishwasher?
I'm the manager of a hotel and we extended the building to incorporate a French restaurant a year ago.
None of the cooks left, none of the servers left, none of the busboys left.
We have amazing pays, we even pay the dishwashers 2$ over minimum wage, no other restaurant would do something like this and I still can't find a dishwasher to save my life.
The last guys I hired left 10 days after they were hired and the last one refused to come to work on a Friday night.
I've been waiting for days for a replacement and nobody ever came.
Right now I'm paying the cook to do a dishwasher job because I can't find anyone else to do it.
What am I doing wrong?
>>
No one is gonna stay being a dishwasher for years. It's the type of gig you do for a bit out of necessity until you find ANYTHING else. So yeah you're just gonna have to constantly be looking, sorry man
>>
what the other anon said. nobody wants to stay a dishwasher. it's merely a solution for desperate times. and it's stressfull. maybe hire two or three so the job is'n as hasty and if one quits, you still have two left.
>>
>>18407985
Few thing crossed in my mind, mainly maybe because people think there's no vanity on being a dishwasher even if the pay's better and left.
Cook and servers at least can play pretend that they're as fancy as world class michelin stars, but not a lowly dishwasher.

Or you really got lots of disgusting dishes to clean, or dishwasher got bullied by others.
>>
I work in an industry with parallels to cooking and we are always looking for a new guy to do all the repetitive shitty jobs. The problem is that nobody with any brain cells will stay in the role for very long and so you've either got a shitty person who is unreliable and understandably doesn't give a shit about the job who you are struggling with and trying to performance manage out of the role or you've got someone great, who'd we'd love to keep who is chasing a dream and will just move on as soon as they figure out something a bit better.

Dishwashing is like a casual job for kids and you expect to swap them out every few months as a result. The only way we've managed to keep things going is everybody on the team takes turns to do the shitty jobs. The boss hates it because he paying a decent salary for somebody to do a 'lowly' role and he instinctively wants to pay minimum wage to somebody for them to do it, but he has eventually accepted that the alternative is we are wasting our time constantly training or supervising retards who take up our time and could do quite a lot of harm to his business.

Nobody likes those immigrants huh until they realise that nobody native wants to slave away behind the scenes in thankless low pay roles eh?
>>
That's standard for restaurants. Most people who take dishwasher jobs are junkies and criminal. What you need to do is find a foreigner like s Colombian, Jamaican, Filipino. Those guys work their asses off.
>>
hire a retard

seriously

I worked at a hotel once with a retarded dishwasher and she stayed there for like 4 years at least. If you're willing to put in the hours training them, it pays off. Sometimes you don't even have to pay them minimum wage (depends on what state and federal programs effect them - sometimes the gubmint will pay the difference between the wage you pay them and minimum wage, if that makes sense).
>>
Get a more efficient cleaning system , not just sink and sponge

get the cooks, servers and busboys to do it on rotation at scheduled times. Increase their wage slightly to compensate.
>>
>>18408172
You're a terrible person.
>>
>>18408172
Holy shit the tards are people, too. They deserve what everyone else makes. Go bleach your esophagus, friend.
>>
>>18408236
>get a more efficient cleaning system
There actually isn't one that doesn't require a dedicated dishwasher.
>>
>>18408470
He said the government would pay the difference

It's an incentive to give the job to the retarded guy paying him $3/hr with the govt taking up the slack, so the dude can get a job..
>>
File: 1300633094040.png (96KB, 438x461px) Image search: [Google]
1300633094040.png
96KB, 438x461px
>>18408352
>giving employment to the handicapped is a bad thing
>>
>>18407985

dishwasher is glamorous, regardless of pay.

hire for a different title, pay them for that title (since you're paying over regular dishwasher wage already), and just have most of their responsibilities be dish washing.
>>
>>18408061
rotating tasks seems like a good idea

>>18408470
>take advantage of purely financial scheme to save money
>tard still gets the wage anyone else would get
>this is somehow evil

??
>>
I don't know, I'm not in the hotel business but I've managed to keep my dishwasher around. I treat her nice, fuck her real good, and she cooks for me every night and washes the dishes. I'm pretty happy. Hell, she even goes to work every day too. I liked her so much, I married her.
>>
pay them more
2$ over minimum wage is a joke
put a fat sign on your window

HIRING DISHWASHER
15 DOLLARS AN HOUR

you'll get a lot of interested people
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.