[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Greetings /adv/ Earlier this year I broke up with my ex, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Greetings /adv/

Earlier this year I broke up with my ex, and tried to deal with it like adults.
However, she and her friend have since maintained a vendetta against me.
The friend in particular is literally insane (I used to pick her up from the hospital from time to time), and her hatred of me in particular was one of the reasons for the break-up.
Now both bitch about me often behind my back, and every time I turn up to events with that social circle they cause massive dramas (the friend especially, as she's a shite acress but very good at crying on cue).
Many members of that social circle believe the lies because crying is convincing, and while the lies are not true, I can be unlikeable in other ways (something I'm working on) so it's a convenient reason to justify general dislike for me.
But, also within the group are people I like and whom I only really see at group events.
Directly talking to either of them or making a public comment is likely to stoke the drama, and avoiding all social events with the wider group probably means I won't be able to see the friends I like. I also don't want my reputation continually dragged through the mud for literally no reason, as I have said nothing uncivil to or about either of them since the break-up.
Halp pls.

tl;dr ex and exes best friend propagating hate and lies about me amongst social circle. What do?
>>
>>18407236
Could you just call the cop? Slandering could be considered a crime where you are, right?

Alternatively if you couldn't go to law enforcement maybe you could try agree & amplify tactic. This is where you just nod and exaggerate their lies further, so people would just go meh what a joke then proceed to ignore it altogether.
If not, keep your cool and just go deny their lies when somebody asked you about it since you denying it outright could stir people's suspicions.
>>
My ex had bipolar and towards the end our relationship was basically built of drama and the social capital that comes from being able to complain about how shitty your relationship is.

When I ended it suddenly all the meaning and worth within that evaporated and my ex had a hard time dealing with that. She'd come to every single social event that I was at and get kind of ridiculous, trying to point out how unreasonable I was being in trying to emotionally manipulate or hurt her in some way. Lots of people took her at face value because they are empathic and not wanting to upset her, but eventually, over time me being fair and reasonable and realistic and her being unfair and unreasonable and prone to fantasy meant that more and more people were tired of her shit and while initially being unsympathetic towards me began to see what I'd been putting up with. The less people who tolerated it the more fantastical her claims became and the more the drama ramped up until only a few people widely regarded as unstable within our social circle supported her and that kind of cemented her as one of the unstable ones. She actually moved away and left the city.

My advice is keep being a solid stand up kind of guy and eventually their behaviour will start to define and isolate them instead of bring them any sort of social capital or sympathy. Eventually other people do not want their drama every time.
>>
>>18407247
Hmm, interesting suggestion. Sadly slander is really hard to prove in my area, and I can't really afford to go to court.
I've tried the agree and amplify thing but a lot of it is behind my back, which is why it's especially hard to fight because most of it happens between others (as in, I'm at the party, then they cry and tell the lies afterward when I'm not there).
>>
>>18407265
That sounds sadly similar to my sitch (except I have two mentally ill peeps to deal with). I'm sorry that you had to go through it too. Thanks for the advice. Although I'm kinda worried that people will get tired of "my shit" because it's presented as if I'm the one causing the drama.
>>
>>18407266
Well, not much you could do when it's being done behind your presence except keeping your cool and stand your ground.

I'm sure if you keep that, eventually it'll result like what >>18407265 said. It'll take time, but be patient and if somebody try to ask you about their lies , deny it with humor.
>>
Just call the cops. Works like a charm.
>>
>>18407303
Sadly the cops don't really take slander seriously in my area, especially when it's behind my back.
>>
>>18407236
Don't participate in this petty bullshit. Ignore her and her friends. Don't go to social events where she will be. Try to avoid her at all costs. Try to develop some new friends. The game won't be fun for her if nobody is playing. She'll get tired of it and the people who have to listen to it will get tired of it.
Like all things in life this too will pass.
>>
>>18407352
Thanks, I hope you're right. While I have no intention of playing their game, it does seem somewhat unjust that I have to exile myself because of their behavior, but maybe it is for the best.
>>
>>18407236
Choose a couple of people inside your circle to seek advice from ( it's really not advice that you are after) and confide in them how your relationship ended. Ask them to keep it in confidence - this will guarantee that the TELL EVERYONE. and they will say so and so didn't want this out because it might make her look bad.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.