[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OK so I need some advice in how to deal with someone makes promises

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: liz.jpg (84KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
liz.jpg
84KB, 1080x1080px
OK so I need some advice in how to deal with someone makes promises and then doesn't keep them.
Every time they promised something it was partly because I pressured them into it but I feel completely disrespected when time after time they don't keep these promises made.
The way I used to deal with something like this was to confront the person but this has never turned out well in the past. Neither was me getting upset and not talking to them.
So, other than cutting off ties with this person, is there something that I can do? I genuinely like them but I feel they are just using me. I'm not the easiest person to like, I can get pretty intense in my relationships with other people.
>>
>>18407187
Need more info. What kind of promises?
>>
>>18407316

I was deliberately vague. A promise of sex for example.
>>
>>18407323
I think that's a ridiculous promise to force on someone. You shouldn't force sex on someone who isn't ready or willing to have sex with you. Also, sex for many is a mood or romantic thing. They don't want it scheduled like a dinner. Certain time and place. They want the mood and setting to dictate the yes or no. Try being more human and less of a creep and see how that works.
>>
>>18407338
>Try being more human and less of a creep and see how that works.

Gee thanks. I asked for advice and get insulted. I knew it was stupid asking this in a place filled with frustrated people that just want to put others down.
>>
>>18407343
It's not a put down, it's a lesson in hard knocks. I've dated several girls. Some I've had sex with others not. I've never made a deal or made them promise me to have sex. You don't find that a little strange? You said you were intense. Back off and try being laid back and nicer. Don't ask girls to promise you sex. Try setting the mood by having dinners, movies, candelights, baths together etc. and stop being so goddamn sensitive.
>>
firstly, people shouldn't make promises since nobody knows what tomorrow brings. consequently, relying on promises someone made is rather unintelligent.

secondly, "pressing" someone into promising something is plain psychopathic. never do that again.

lastly and most importantly, pressing someone to promise you sex is probably the lowest someone can go. be happy that person didn't press charges for you blackmailing them. get a grip.
>>
>>18407187
Stop expecting anything from them.

Stop doing anything for them based on their promises to do anything.

Enjoy their company but give nothing and expect nothing.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.