[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What branch of the U.S. Military do I join, excluding the Coast

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: US Military.jpg (23KB, 600x366px) Image search: [Google]
US Military.jpg
23KB, 600x366px
What branch of the U.S. Military do I join, excluding the Coast Guard?

I've mostly been looking towards the Air Force, but I was wondering if anyone had anything to say about it all. I first looked at Marines, because I wanted to have a rigid, harsh lifestyle like that, but I decided not too because your chances of any experience outside of the Marines is minimal.

I then looked at the Army, but decided that if I'm going to do something like that, I might as well go for something that will give me experience, and as an aspiring Computer Science major, the Air Force or Navy is definitely worth it.

So now what? I heard the Air Force is best, because it gets better food, pay, and other such things, but I also heard that their on-base living isn't that great cause their bases are smaller.

What say you all?
>>
>>18406892
Navy SEALs?
>>
>>18406893
Why though? Do they offer Computer Science experience? What are the pros to it? What's to say that if I want to join Navy Seals, then I just don't go and join Marines?

If Navy SEALs can offer experience after the Military in a Computer Science field, then please say so and how and how I would get into that.
>>
Bump?
>>
File: 1496028869518.jpg (35KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1496028869518.jpg
35KB, 600x400px
>>18406892
>Infantry and combat? Want to be a grunt?
Marines

>No other choice? Or they have a specific MOS you want?
Army. Some people also join since they actually have a more "military lifestyle," whereas being in the Air force is just being a civilian in a fancy uniform, but you will get sick of 12 mile walks + PT and barracks pretty fast. You may get experience, but probably less than the air force

>Navy
Don't know a lot about the navy, but I'm not sure why you'd join if the air force has better standards of living on average. you also may be on a ship for months

>Air force
If you want experience with computers/tech, then yes.
>>
>>18406926
Pretty sure every branch does 12 mile walks + PT and barracks in their basic training.
>>
>>18406950
>in their basic training.
I'm talking about after basic training. It's no secret that Air force training is less demanding. And I think you get your own room in the AF, whereas you have to live with another person/people in the army/marines up to a certain rank
>>
What you heard about their on base living is bull shit. The airforce gets the nicest accommodations as far as that is concerned. Unless you have ties to some other branch for some reason there is no logical reason to not join the air force. It is hands down the cushiest branch. Try talking to a few people that are actually in the military, all of them will tell you the air force is the best option if you don't want to be a grunt doing dumb bullshit. This is assuming you can get in, unlike the other branches the air force won't accept any asshole with a pulse.
>>
>>18406892
Air Force doesn't get better pay, get that out of your mind now. All branches get the same baseline pay, it all depends on your grade. You should go with Air Force though over other branches. Anyone who has been in will say that. It is a better quality of life overall. Now you may say, "hey I can endure the suck!" and that may be so, but you will learn to hate it and all the times it happens. Honestly you seem the type that should join it more anyways, your indecisiveness only cements the fact you shouldn't be in a grunt type job. People who join those types of jobs already have it in their mind that they want it.
>>
>>18406908
Also, Navy SEALs isn't a fucking branch of the military, it's a SoF within the Navy. Please, PLEASE, educate yourself before you go in otherwise you will be just another retard who didn't know they were getting into and ends up hating their entire enlistment.
>>
>>18406892
Why are you excluding the CG? They're the only branch that genuinely defends America's borders by fighting drug smugglers and human traffickers, and actively help Americans in a very real way by rescuing mariners in distress.

They also do a lot more cross training than navy sailors. A navy sailor might learn absolutely everything there is to know about one gear in the machine, but a coast guard sailor of the same rate would know how the machine works.

I was a QM in the navy, but if I had to do it again I would have gone into the coast guard instead. Every time I worked with them I was very impressed by how knowledgeable they were.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aunMF8gGi0
if you compare what a BM in the coast guard can do to a BM in the navy its like night and day
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.