[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>23 years old >just noticed I've been balding >5'7

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

>23 years old
>just noticed I've been balding
>5'7
>gf of 6 years left me for someone else
>started breaking out with cystic acne again
>lost best friend about a month ago
>so depressed I flunked out of school this semester and can barely make it through my shifts at work
>have some friends but pretty much a nonexistent social life
>afraid to go outside because I developer body dismorphic disorder
>can't carry conversations with people anymore

I always had an optimistic outlook in life until now that everything is weighing me down. I'm having thoughts of suicide nonstop 24/7 and I don't see any point in living anymore. I lost all the passion I had for my hobbies and interests. I keep on holding on to the past knowing that my best days are behind me and it will never get better again. The only thing holding me back from ending it is the fact that I still have a family that cares about me and it breaks my heart to think about how much my younger brother will suffer if I'm gone.

What can I do to improve my quality of life? This is the lowest point in my life and I'm willing to try anything.
>>
- take fish oil
- take vitamin D
- take a multivitamin if you want
- get exercise/go outside as much as you can - aim for 15 minutes a day to start, even if it's just walking around the block or biking around the neighborhood. I can guarantee you that no one you've ever met pays as much attention to you as you think they do.
- systematize your day. Regular sleep schedule, regular eating schedule, regular showering and chores.
- if you can't sleep, really start training your mind to go to a "happy place." It works.
- Keep a journal/log if possible, just so you can note your feelings/circumstances and make yourself aware of how they're affecting your thoughts.
- Learn and work at things that challenge you. Overcoming problems will make you feel better about yourself.
>>
>>18406733

You don't like your body?

Work out, you'll eventually like your body.

You aren't tall big deal, that isn't stopping you from being great I assure you

No friends? big deal, get a life and they'll come along eventually

You'll eventually make it, have a plan. Don't give up you are not lost
>>
>>18406733

Go work abroad in a country you like for a non-nefencal organisation

You don't seem to have a lot to loose and there is a shit ton a of people that need your help every where

Moreover the life experience can change your life forever
>>
>>18406760

*non profit org sorry hangover
>>
First off, bald people are hot, your ex is a hoe, and your body is doing normal body stuff. You're changing as you get older, everyone does! I'd like to have as positive an outlook on life as you've just described, so keep it up dude. You're not nearly as low as other people I know.
>>
Watch Neon Genesis Evangelion
>>
>>18406754
Thank you for taking the time ro respond. These are all very helpful suggestions and so far, I'm doing none of them. It'll be challenging but thank you for getting me started on the right track.

>>18406759
Thank you friend, this gives me some hope. I really do need to start working out, I think I'll benefit greatly from it.

>>18406760
You're right in stating that I don't have much to lose now. Helping others would give me much more satisfaction than chasing girls or trying to get laid so I'll definitely start looking into this.
>>
>>18406794
It just feels so strange to be prematurely balding especially when every male in my family except for one uncle have a full head of hair. I would have never expected it and always had the thickest long hair until I suddenly realized one day that it was thinning. It may sound superficial but I have a lot of attachment to my hair and seeing it slowly thin and die depresses the fuck out of me and gives me anxiety. Some bald men look great but Im definitely not one of them, especially since I'm short. But thanks for the words of encouragement, man.

>>18406868
I've always wanted to watch it so I'll check it out
>>
>>18406733
If youve always been an optimist, then youre just going through a rough patch and things will get better with time. Just dont do anything reckless and prioritize your mental health over everything but your job. Give yourself plenty of time to rest.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.