[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>late 20s >living at home with parents in Texas >don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: leaving_home.jpg (188KB, 1280x852px) Image search: [Google]
leaving_home.jpg
188KB, 1280x852px
>late 20s
>living at home with parents in Texas
>don't particularly like Texas at all (too hot in the summer, ridiculous drivers, uninteresting landscape, not in love with the culture)
I've got about $1000 in savings and I really feel like I want to strike out on my own and start a new life somewhere else. Is this a good idea?
>>
>>18406597
You're gonna need a whole lot more money or a more concrete plan
>>
>>18406603
>You're gonna need a whole lot more money
How much more money?
>>
>>18406611
As someone who lives in Texas and is moving soon, you'll need at least 1k just to move into an apartment. More if you don't have a job.

But, I mean, you could probably get away with 2k if you went to a cheap place. That'd cover the apartment, and give you a couple weeks of food before you found a job. 3k would probably be reasonably safe, but you'd still have to live in a pretty run down place till you got yourself set up.
>>
>>18406611
Almost anywhere in America you can find an apartment sublet(roommate) on craigslist for $600 per month. They'll typically want the same amount as a deposit so you're already looking at 1200. You'll have to pay for food out of your moving fund until you find a job as well so let's say 1350. Then you have your other expenses like transportation.
>>
>>18406611
Just cause you said preferably not Texas, maybe like 5 grand.

Idk if you ever been out in the real world on your own. It's expensive. I remember when I lived off campus in college
>1.5 months rent security deposit
>rent
>car insurance
>gas
>Verizon required 300 deposit since I had no history of credit
>local gas company had the same
>water bill every 3 months
>groceries
Thats like basic shit
Then random shit like if your place has a laundry room or not, pay for parking, commute to work.

It's just lots of things. If you can secure a job elsewhere beforehand it's easier. But if you think this is like the 80s where you could just couch surf from coast to coast, it's not.
>>
>>18406637
>But if you think this is like the 80s where you could just couch surf from coast to coast, it's not.
Damn.. You've given me a lot to think about. I'm honestly beyond ready to GTFO but I may need to think this through a bit more (not to mention saving more money).
>>
>>18406640
I'd like to think we all wanted to just pack up and leave. Sounds like a movie script. I'm not dampening your mood on purpose, it's just being realistic.

I would encourage you to keep on saving. Maybe an opportunity will come up. Or maybe you could pull a sort of drastic move and join the army. And just keep your eyes open.
>>
>>18406597
Any state the had a sign on the side of the Freeway that says "Drive Friendly in Texas" has a great deal of fucked up hostile drivers.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.