[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get a job if literally nobody is willing to be a reference

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1477451724147.jpg (590KB, 1280x966px) Image search: [Google]
1477451724147.jpg
590KB, 1280x966px
How do I get a job if literally nobody is willing to be a reference for me?
I'm 20 years old and I've never had a job before. I'm trying to apply at McDonald's and I need three references. I've been calling people I knew in high school to ask them if I can put them as a reference but they all refuse to because they all say it would make them look bad, they have to put their reputation on the line when they do a reference, but a lot of the time they just hang up on me as soon as they hear my name. I've tried emailing some of my old teachers and none of them respond. I've heard its bad to put family members as references but even if I did, I'm only still in contact with two people in my family.
>>
>>18406128
If you have 3 friends, get them to fake it for you

if you don't have 3 friends..... you have bigger problems
>>
>>18406128

Go to a job agency. They will get you working regardless of experience. Then do not fuck up the jobs.

That is literally all you need to do. Trust me.
>>
>>18406135
Oh and bonus. Im a contractor and work was slow with my union so i went to a job agency just to fill the bills in the meantime.

Wound up with my current high paying full time non temp position. If youre any value a temp agency can actually boost your career to surprising heights.
>>
>>18406128
Assuming you're going into entry level jobs, just list personal references like friends or family who can vouch that you're not gonna fuck the job up. No parents, or shit like that, obviously.
>>
>>18406128
do you have any friends who can pull you in to their jobs?
>>
If this is Mcdonalds, just go in there and tell the person hiring your story. Convince them that you won't let them down.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.