[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to tell if you're depressed or you're just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1428870762613.jpg (110KB, 590x523px) Image search: [Google]
1428870762613.jpg
110KB, 590x523px
How to tell if you're depressed or you're just a lazy little bitch?
>>
When I was depressed the easiest way for me to explain it was I had no lasting joy from anything. I'd do something I enjoyed a lot, but as soon as I was done doing it my happiness was completely gone again. Do you have this problem?
>>
>>18405164
You can google depression. There are some online questions you can answer that help you determine whether or nott it could be depression.
>>
>>18405164
When you have tru clinical depression, it lasts for years. You fake being happy for others sake. Nothing brings you joy. Fap, food, videogame, success, your gf, talking to people, it all feels bad.

Your only escape is often alcohol and sleep which allows you to skip time ahead. And with time the pretending and faking smile for others around you becomes more and more hard.

A lot of people claim they have depression. They dont. They are just sad, lost or unhappy with their lives.

And pharmacies are pushing happy pills for everybody, because once you hook on it, you keep buying them and it generates huge profits.

If you have to ask, chances are you dont have it. You are simply lost or unhappy with your life. There is nothing wrong about being sad. It is sign you have to talk to somebody about your problems and work on your life goals and priorities.

Good luck!
>>
>>18405178
Kind of. I mean, I feel bad because I don't do my responsibilities, and I don't do my responsibilities because I feel bad.

>>18405187
>>18405201
I know people who are really depressed, and I feel like I can't complain because I'm not as bad off as they are. I've taken a quiz myself while waiting in a doctor's office and I think it said I was depressed or borderline, but I didn't take it seriously because it was made by a pharmaceutical company.

I don't know. It's like, I know what I need to do, and I don't know why I'm not doing it.
>>
>>18405164
it could be both
>>
>>18405222
Dude. When you fap, does it feels good? Do you wake up on weekends full of energy and happy cause no work? Does joke make you laught?

Is your life shit? Shit work, shit gf, shit parents, stress?

When you do depression, your life is ok or good but you still feel like suicide. And take care, doctors love giving happy pills so tjey dont have to care about you.

Are you sure you havent lost your life purpouse?
>>
>>18405251
I'm a grad student, going to 3 workshops and conferences this summer in addition to programming for Google Summer of Code. So by some measures I'm successful. I have some stress in my life (finding roommates, aging parents) but nothing out of the ordinary I don't think.

>Do you wake up on weekends full of energy and happy cause no work?
Lolno. I stay up late and sleep maybe 10 hours a night. Fapping is just something I do to help me sleep (spoiler: doesn't work). Then again, as a grad student, I'm always supposed to be doing work, so the weekend isn't a very meaningful concept to me.

>Are you sure you havent lost your life purpouse?
I don't really know what that means
>>
>>18405201
I agree with everything you said as it's very true except for the drug pushing part.
While pharmaceutical companies push the drugs, doctors prescribe them. I think the people in the US are primarily responsible for this behavior. Everybody wants a quick fix to their problem right now. People don't want the resolution to take weeks or months and don't want to work hard to get results. Also, the minute someone sees a doctor and then isn't prescribed something to fix it and harms themselves, the doctor is under scrutiny or sued for letting this happen. So, the treating physician often finds themselves in a difficult position. No I am not a doctor nor do I work for a drug company.
>>
>>18405283
You are overworked.
I bet you dont see bright future ahead of yourself. When was the last time you completed ALL tasks for the semester and told yourself
>boy, until next semester starts, I HAVE TWO WEEKS HOOLIDAY?

Chill out. Consider dropping that google bullshit. I always saw it as free unpaid work.

I bet you dont do sport, do you? Adopt swimming. Should fix your bended spine from all long hours sitting. And it will boost your dopamine and being physically tired helps with sleeping.

And talk with somebody. Do you have somebody to hug? Get somebody.

>>18405295
Good doctor would never prescibe pills even if it means the patient will be pissed off.

Too bad that there arent enough good ones. They are in it often for money, not for your health.
>>
>>18405308
>I bet you dont see bright future ahead of yourself. When was the last time you completed ALL tasks for the semester and told yourself
>>boy, until next semester starts, I HAVE TWO WEEKS HOOLIDAY?
No, it doesn't work like that. There's always more research to be done.

>Chill out. Consider dropping that google bullshit. I always saw it as free unpaid work.
I am getting paid for it, and it's probably the thing I'm doing this summer that I enjoy the most. Which is kind of sad since it's not my "main" job.

I go to the gym and lift and play racquetball when I'm not traveling. I don't know. It's fun when I'm doing it, but I don't really feel any better afterwards, and lately I haven't had the motivation to do any lifting.

>And talk with somebody. Do you have somebody to hug? Get somebody.
How does that work? I'm not a huggy person. Just grab a friend or acquaintance and hug them? Hire someone?
>>
I have Major Depressive Disorder. For me, it is an absence of feelings, apathy and lack of interest /passion towards practically everything, except for cycles of hopelessness and despair which can last for months. When you haven't the energy or care enough to clean yourself, feed yourself or speak in lengths of more than a few words, then you're deep in the dark pool.
>>
>>18405338
>more research to be done
Bullshit. Even if you are PhD, you shouldnt work more than 8 hours per day. Sure students have harsh routine, but that is often because requirements.

You sound kind like a workoholic to me. Exactly the type who will doc give happy pills to keep doing until you will breal up entirely few years later.

>not a huggy person
Wrong. Everybody is hug person. Just touching and getting touched by warm skin releases various happy hormones to your brain. It feels amazing dude.

Try to do nothing one week. Eat healthy, forget about stuff, talk to friends, do something you enjoy.

Do you have gf? Tey get some.
>>
>>18405383
>Bullshit. Even if you are PhD, you shouldnt work more than 8 hours per day. Sure students have harsh routine, but that is often because requirements.
Every year our graduate chair sends out an email saying that we should work 60 hours per week, or as much as we can handle, whichever is more.

>Do you have gf? Tey get some.
T-thanks mom.

Maybe I'll try going out more when I get back from my workshop next week. Tinder is full of thots and I don't like talking to girls at the gym.
>>
>>18405406
>work 60 hours per week
Do you know the end game of capitalism? To find the perfect balance between working all people to the bone without them trying to lash out or suicide.

Think about your life priorities. More than often work is not worth sacrificing your health and happiness to it.

>thanks mom
Did you know that for good mother her children are more important than her life? So calling me your mom means you acknowledge my advice as top tier.

Majority of /adv posters have problem: to find motivation. You have opposite: learn how to chill out.

Take care. Go eat ice cream and hug some sloot from tinder.
>pro tip
Casual sex is garbage compared to having sex with somebody you love and care for.
>>
>>18405439
Interesting perspective-- I think that if I were more motivated to actually do my work, I would feel a lot better.
>>
>>18405178
I wish I had that problem.

I feel no joy whatsoever

I either feel rage or nothing
>>
>>18405471
>better
Not likely. If you truly enjoyed what you do, you would do it just to obtain happiness and had 0 problems finding time and motivation to do it.

Maybe you enjoy it a bit, but it requires you to concentrate and stress you in the process.

You arent robot. Chill.

>>18405498
Op? New persona?

What are you going to do about it?
>>
File: Pepe SCARED.jpg (4KB, 199x199px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe SCARED.jpg
4KB, 199x199px
I am sick of Hotmail, Yahoo, GMail, etc, I am sick of all of em. they keep changing shit up, and Microsoft fucked up Skype and locked me out of both.

Is there an email site thats better or less mainstream?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.