[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is there to do in life, beside playing pointless video games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 1494789915810.jpg (146KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1494789915810.jpg
146KB, 1024x1024px
What is there to do in life, beside playing pointless video games and watching movies ?

I literally don't do anything else.

I'm interested in learning other languages, learning how to play guitar, i'm interested in drawing or in acting, but i never do anything because the grind is so long and i feel like i'll never make it anyway

i'm 23 and i've been like that for 10 years, When i'm not in class i spend almost all of my free time alone in my room, in the dark, playing stuff or browsing the internet.

I'm 23 already, i feel like i'm wasting my youth, i think i'm a decent dude, i could probably have fun with other people, live a real life, but i don't know how to do it and i'm always secluding myself in my own little world

I don't even like playing games anymore, when i launch one i ask myself "what's the point"

What do please
>>
>>18404561
Do the grind. Make yourself do the grind. If things were easy, there wouldn't be satisfaction when you achieve something.

One really good platitude I heard was this: motivation isn't something you get once and that's it. You have to motivate yourself every day.

It's 100% true. I'm tired of studying constantly my body is almost always sore from lifting, but I don't stop studying or working out, because I force myself to do it. Some friends I haven't seen in a while said I look really in shape, I got A's in most of my classes - that's why I pushed myself.
>>
I'm 22 just got a piano, learning music theory and plan to learn how to transcribe and compose too. I like to draw too. No matter if you want to draw cartoony, realistic or somewhere in the middle. You still need to learn the art fundamentals and draw from life. Remember drawing from life doesn't mean you have to practice realism. It's simply drawing what you see in front of you.
>>
>>18404624
>>18404643

Thanks for the advice

you're both right

but i'll never make it anyway, i'm hopeless

shit
>>
>>18404715
Why can't they just be hobbies? When you say you'll "never make it" I'm assuming you mean you'll never be good enough to make a job out of it. Why does that matter, why can't they just be things you do for enjoyment, for the joy of learning something new and getting better
>>
>>18404721
Because i don't like being average at something
>>
>>18404730
But you are average. All you do is play video games
>>
File: asdasd.jpg (71KB, 506x900px) Image search: [Google]
asdasd.jpg
71KB, 506x900px
Pretend your life is an RPG game like i do and just do the grind. I use an app called LifeRPG, it is basically a task manager that makes everything seem like an RPG game, you can even set skills that you want to level up.
Also it is well known that the hardest part of doing something is actually starting it, so just start working on something and do it every day.
>>
>>18404736
That's what i do in my free time
>>
>>18404741
I tried that, doesn't seem to work out for me
I know the hardest part is to start but i've known this for so long without actually doing it that i'm beginning to doubt i will ever do it
>>
>>18404715
>>18404730
With that mindset you're better off playing games all day desu
>>
>>18404746
Well yeah okay but how can i change that ?
>>
>>18404752
Think about how possible shit is. It might seem impossible but there are people that mastered everything you want to do and if they did it , so can you.
>>
pop a molly and do a self-critique, ask yourself what do i really want? what is my motivation? and shit like that.

i was just like you till a girl comes into my life. well, not just random girl but like the love of my life kinda girl. i think you also need smt like that.
>>
>>18404752
New to this thread, but holy fuck.. I've asked so many people this same question. I'm almost an exact copy of you OP. I have nothing going for me, I don't want to do anything, but I do want to do stuff. I want to change but I don't know how. I need something to motivate me but nothing does. Money is not a motivator for me like it is for other people. I'm accepting of the fact I may be homeless and wind up on the street. But this isn't enough for me to change that course. But I want to... Unless something falls into my lap, and coincidence set's everything up for me, I know I'm probably fucked. Nobody has an answer for your question. As I said, I've asked it myself many times. The only answer you're ever going to get is "That's something you gotta figure out yourself".

Good luck with that one. There's no answer for it. You're either fucked, or you're not. Your soul just chose a shitty mind to get attached to. You lost the lottery. As did I. Now, I'm just dust in the wind, going wherever life takes me, and I feel I have no control. After I can no longer leech off my parents, I know I'm probably fucked. I hope you will have a better future than I will.
>>
Don't worry about becoming the master of something, just focus on something you enjoy for yourself.

Getting good at drawing will be hard because it takes constant practice, but if you like movies there is no shortage of passionate film geeks itching to build a little community, and if there is, you can be the spark that sets it off for everyone else. Appreciate more art. Watch more foreign movies that aren't just mindless action to immerse yourself in another language. Watch more abstract stuff, listen to interviews of musicians you admire, etc. You don't sound like a horrible person, just incredibly defeatist before you've even tried. Just gotta find a passion and run with it...
>>
>>18404561
Get a job? Chances are, it won't be a good one, and you'll be so tired after your shift that you won't feel like playing games.
>>
>>18404561
things that are worth doing take time and effort

if you only want to do easy pleasurable things you will get no long term satisfaction out of life.

Make a point of learning hobbies and read, always read. Read (a book) every day.

hobbies includes: team sports such as soccer hockey etc, individual sports, like cycling running etc. mountain biking is fun, hiking is fun. exploring nature, go geocaching.

learn how to paint or draw, write something, learn a music instrument
teach yourself how to program

motivation, self control, and discipline are all aspects of the same thing and require practice and exercise to develop
>>
>>18404561
>>18404561

I'm like you, but 19.

With the exception that i took guitar lessons from 10 to 17, but i'm sure that if i wanted to do it now, i would never even start. In fact, i wanna learn piano, but when i think about it and the fact that it will take years to become good, i pass.

Now that videogames don't entertain me anymore, and knowing that is the only thing that i can do is play, and that i don't even wanna watch movies anymore (fuck, i still have to watch Tarkovskij stuff), i really started to become depressed . I don't have friends to go out with and i will pass all this summer in my room alone.

Dunno what to tell you senpai. Honestly the only thing you can do is accepting how you are, but it's hard when you look at others and see them living a happy youth. I constantly think, what will i remember about my young age when i'll be like i my 50s? Others will have memories of the time passed with friends, old girlfriends, going to parties, maybe some trips around the world. The only thing i will be able to remember is a generic day, spent in a room watching a monitor.
Good luck senpai, is the only thing i can tell you.
>>
>>18404561
Take some community college classes in different things and keep doing whatever sparks your passion. I do both art and music.
>>
>>18404561
unrelated:
Whos the chick in the pic?
so hot
>>
File: cobain1.jpg (31KB, 306x283px) Image search: [Google]
cobain1.jpg
31KB, 306x283px
The obvious answer is the unspeakable taboo:
There is no point. Suicide is a rational option.
Just make sure to choose a safe method.
>>
File: memes.png (92KB, 403x195px) Image search: [Google]
memes.png
92KB, 403x195px
>>18404561
>i'm 23 and i've been like that for 10 years

I was you op. Now I'm 27 and nothing's changed still.

Do something. Break the cycle.
>>
Idk whether to laugh or cry at this
>>
>>18404561
You've hit on a key systemic aspect of life- which is that some people choose stimulation, and some people play the real game. One is satisfying in the long term, the other is not. The entire point of humanity can be anything you like. Obtaining objectives and working towards a goal is immensely satisfying. I think you already know what to do.
>>
>>18404561
go back to school or get a certificate. theres literally floating money out there foryou to go to school theres no excuses
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.