[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My ex thinks I'm crazy and a bad person and that I need

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: symbolism.jpg (110KB, 1000x665px) Image search: [Google]
symbolism.jpg
110KB, 1000x665px
My ex thinks I'm crazy and a bad person and that I need help. She talks about how shes afraid I'll come to her house and hurt her family or her pets. When she broke up with me I spammed her with calls, changed my phone number and made new accounts on social media because I wanted an explanation, closure for what happened and she wouldnt tell me. I feel like a huge piece of shit. I never intended to hurt her. I always thought my heart was in the right place. But she said I'm manipulative and she says that I force people to sympathize with me.

I don't know anons. I disagree with some of the things she said but I can't help but doubt myself now. Maybe I am manipulative. Maybe I've been lying to myself to justify all the shitty things I do. It feels like I don't know who I am anymore.

What makes a person a "bad person"? are morals subjective? Even IF my heart was in the right place, even if I was trying to do the good thing with no malicious intent, it doesnt justify what I did at all does it?

I realize I take extreme stupid unnatural actions to try to fix things, but I'm not sure if my mindset or feelings are completely wrong.

I've talked to a lot of people about this and they all tell me that I'm not a bad person and that what I did do was fucked up but that I tried my best and that I need to find someone that will actually care about me.
But she told me I was a bad person. How can the person that I spent everyday talking to, that I told her things I've never told anyone. How can she be wrong when she probably knows the real me?

I'm so lost. and I feel like I just want to give up.
>>
>>18404411
if any clarification is needed just lmk
>>
Good and bad is subjective. She's the one that had to deal with your obsessiveness/stalking so it was worse for her than it was for other friends. She had to worry about her own safety. Maybe she didn't need to, maybe the most you wanted was to talk. I don't know the specifics, but if that's what she was mostly complaining about, I wouldn't worry too much. Just remember you don't necessarily "deserve" an explanation from someone who doesn't want to talk to you anymore. Repeatedly messaging them is harassment, and can be scary regardless of your intentions. It is a bad thing to do, but doesn't ultimately make you a bad person. Try to be more conscious of how your actions affect others instead of acting based on how you feel.
>>
>>18404411
You probably weren't that bad until you didn't accept the break up. Accept the break up and if you can move and start a new life.
>>
>>18404441
>Try to be more conscious of how your actions affect others
by the logic he should've got an explanation
>>
>>18404441
>She's the one that had to deal with your obsessiveness/stalking so it was worse for her than it was for other friends. She had to worry about her own safety. Maybe she didn't need to, maybe the most you wanted was to talk.

Yeah. Its just so weird to me that people can be so close and trust each other so dearly and be afraid of that same person just. But I understand.

>Just remember you don't necessarily "deserve" an explanation from someone who doesn't want to talk to you anymore. Repeatedly messaging them is harassment, and can be scary regardless of your intentions. It is a bad thing to do, but doesn't ultimately make you a bad person. Try to be more conscious of how your actions affect others instead of acting based on how you feel.

Everyone told me not to do it but I thought I knew better like an idiot. I didn't mean to harass her. I just I dont know.
>>
>>18404455
Well she told me to delete her number and that she never wants to see me or talk to me again.

Hearing that helped me accept it. Its a bit stupid that it took something that extreme to get it through my head.

But yeah. I dont want to be with her anymore. Atleast thats how I feel now. I want to move on. I want to be happy.
>>
>>18404467
First gf break up was hard on me and I did a little begging and humiliated myself but it was because it hurt my ego. I sucked it up and cut contact myself and since then will always cut contact if it appears the relationship isn't working. Hurts for awhile but you can keep your pride intact. If someone doesn't want you it doesn't matter the reason, they just don't want you so why spend any more time and effort.
>>
>>18404411
>>18404467
Well you've got your closure now atleast
I'm assuming you guys had one last spat and thats it. she told you to leave her alone and never talk to her again.
>>
>>18404459
For real, at least he'll be a higher standard then her fuck people who don't give closure
>>
>>18404411

>>tfw i still fear my stalker ex trying to hurt me or bring pain into my life.

What you did was traumatizing to her. It can take years to heal from the feeling of constantly looking over your shoulder. Changing/deleting all of your accounts and worrying he might find them again.
Using call blockers just in case hes using a fake number.

Even if you did love her, something about the relationship was unhealthy before the break up.
You need to look at yourself carefully and access what kind of bf you really were to her.
Did you isolate and control her?
Did you used guilt to force her to do what you want?
Did you threaten to hurt yourself when she wanted to leave?
These are just some of the forms of emotional abuse.
Having been on the other side of that, I imagine my ex probably thought he was just expressing his love too, but my depression became such that i wanted to kms to escape him.

You should move on, and don't ever do those things to someone again. If she wants to leave, let her go
>>
>>18404837
>Having been on the other side of that, I imagine my ex probably thought he was just expressing his love too, but my depression became such that i wanted to kms to escape him.

Its funny she said the exact same thing.
I guess I've just been too closed minded. This was my first relationship and I didn't know what the fuck I was doing. I did do some of those things. Maybe I was emotionally abusing her. But at the same time it felt like I was being emotionally abused the same way and I took out my frustration on her which only made it worse.

It sucks living on such a tiny island. I live in Hawaii and everything is so close together that its impossible to get away from anything that reminds me of her. Everywhere I go everything I do seems like a constant reminder.
My friend currently up in Yosemite offered to give me some housing and a job for a few months.
I kind of want to get away from here. I'm not sure yet.
>>
>>18404901
Go for it dude. I'm assuming youre college age, just know that college can wait. Go find yourself.
>>
>>18404411
>>18404776
>>18404459
what is this closure meme no one owes anyone anything.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.