[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A month ago i mistakenly poured grease down a friend's sink

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: FB_IMG_1496806464260.jpg (16KB, 379x314px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1496806464260.jpg
16KB, 379x314px
A month ago i mistakenly poured grease down a friend's sink while washing her dishes. she said she send the invoice. A couple of week ago we agreed upon an estimate of 300 based on the plumbers hourly charge. She wound up paying 427 and some change but said 300. The plumber said that it busted her main pipes and she needs a new dish washer. I did offer to pay the full amount but she said I could never pay what I truly owe her and I asked what that would be she said you need not worry. This is how she wanted the money. 140 upfront then 161.92 off my debit card to pay her water bill. On the day I paid her the starter on the car I was driving went out and I had it towed while her mom had to come pick me up to take me to her and she took me home after she collected the money. Now days before I paid her I noticed there was a duplicate profile of me on facebook and it had befriended 2 of my friends one of which knew my friend and communicated with them and told them something only she and I knew so I assumed it was her and asked her why'd you created a fake profile of me. She gets mad and tells me she's going to tell her mother that it was me that poured the grease down the sink (she lied to her and said she did it) she drops me off home and later mentions she would take me to small claims court over the dishwasher but I have txt messages of her saying she would replace the sink and for me to not worry about it. Would that be sufficient evidence should she take me to court?
>>
Bitch is obviously crazy, but you have nothing to worry about.
Keep the texts.
>>
>American plumbing
>>
>>18403869
If I were her I wouldn't let you around me or any of my shit ever again. You are a fucking problem waiting to happen. You fucked up her plumbing, you fucked up the dishwasher and you fucked up her car and had it towed.
>>
>>18403869
Wtf I pour grease down the sink all the time you must live in a shithole
>>
>>18404028
I've realized that. After she dropped me off she called me and told me someone hacked her facebook and said all of our private pictures were posted on there that supposedly only she can see them. She also claims that she had asked me two weeks prior if I had sent her a friend request, I do not recall that happening and she claims she asked me on instagram. I've looked through all of our messages and could not find it. As for the info that only she and i knew she hit me the night before mother's day because I lied about I felt and I have a text from her admitting that she told her mother that she did. When asked what did say she replied It's not important. She also says tha everyone in the restuarant saw it and they seem to know her and she later told them why she did it but she chose to tell me this AFTER she supposedly told her mother

>>18404179
The car belonged to my mother and the day before I gave her the money I asked ma to give me a jumpstart because my battery was dead and I guess that killed the starter. She has since had it replaced. as for the girl I haven't had contact with her in a week and hopefully I never will.
>>
>pouring grease down the sink fucked up her mains and broke the dish washer

HHHAHAHAHAHAHAH this crazy bitch is taking you for a fucking RIDE op.
>>
>>18406118
Yeah OP there's literally no way this happened. I've done it before and I just poured degreaser down the drain and ran hot water through it for a bit. Literally nothing happened.
>>
Cut contact. Let her take you to court. Don't do anything unless and until you're served.
>>
>>18406167
Also this. What she's talking about doesn't happen. Don't speak to this person again. What a shit disturber.
>>
Sounds like the judge will realize that your GF is taking advantage of you by saying grease will do that much.
>>
>>18406118
>>18406167
>>18406201
Is this true? cuz I pour a shitload of grease down the sink. even her ma was angry and the day i paid her and said something to her in subtle manner about it and she is moving back in because of it.
>>
>>18403869
this person isn't your friend

and you;re both retarded for not being-able to fix this problem yourself for less than $20
>>
>>18406253
Grab a bottle of liquid plumr and read the instructions.
>>18406257
This
>>
Yeah OP I'm pretty sure you're getting played. I've put coffee grinds down my sink every day for a year now and I'm pretty sure the pipes are fine, even though you're really not meant to. Grease clogging pipes is a problem that occurs accumulatively over a long stretch of time. Most of the time if your sink gets clogged it's just food and shit getting stuck in the U-bend.

It's also possibly she saw a plumber who decided to rip her off and also convince her she needs a new dishwasher despite the fact it's clearly not broken (or if is, it's unrelated to you)
>>
I would start by reporting that fake account. She could harm you, if people believe her.

As for the other thing, I'm not a fucking lawyer and I don't know where you live.

Why do people ask for legal advice on this board and neglect to mention where the fuck they are? Has the concept of different countries having different laws never breached your thick skull?
>>
I cram chicken bones and grease down the sink at the same time and nothing happens. Unless there's a pre existing problem or you poured cold grease down with cold water on a cold day, nothing would happen.

From everything else in your post, it sounds like you're fueling a drug addiction.
>>
>>18406402
The account has been reported and removed. I live in nc but this happened in virginia
>>18406423
That's a possibility. One of my friend's brother said he knew her that she is crazy and was addicted to something but I don't know the name of what she was addicted to
>>
>>18406432
Yeah man, I'd cut ties asap. I've known family members who started tweaking and they come up with the most retarded and disgusting things to fleece money from their close ones.

I woundn't be worried about small claims court. You have written proof that she agreed to the $300 amount and the payment terms. At worst you're on the hook for the remainder of the $300.
>>
>>18406402
Wew, lad. Call off the dogs, we're all friends here.
>>
In regards to your 'friend' cut this person out of your life and respond to any online shit by documenting it and reporting it, any legal threat professionally, seeking the advice of somebody who knows their shit, using a lawyer if appropriate and any personal threat using the police. These people sound like irrational idiots who will drag you down and fuck up your life because of drama. Why do you care about her mother knowing you poured grease down the sink?

With that out of the way let me be Mr DIY/homeowner here. Improper disposal of grease, wet wipes, condoms, fucking nappies etc will ruin your drains and then your life. The problems tend to be progressive, until the point where you've got shit backing up.

Old houses tend to have quite over engineered and robust drains, but are prone to catastrophic failure at difficult to access and fix points of failure which can involve multiple houses. Newer houses tend to have shitty cheap ass drains, but tend to be quite easily accessed and tend to be well isolated from other properties.

If grease is solid at room temperature what do you think it does in the pipes? Do you really think that running some hot water down does anything to heat and clear blockages underground? Even if you push the problem down further, where do you think it goes? You'll just cause a blockage at some point, maybe the guy 5 doors down wants to stove your head in because he has shit backing up because he is unlucky enough to have the main drain outside his house.

It broke the dishwasher? Uhh? The drain for the dishwasher is often plumbed into the sink outlet, but should meet using a U bend type affair to prevent anything coming back. A blockage further down might have caused it to back up, but how did it fail? Diaphragm on the discharge pump? The main pipe was 'busted'? So they had to dig it up and replace it? Or they just rodded it? Come on OP, spend 3 hours to learn some life skills, it helps y'know.
>>
>>18407195
Here's what she said. I believe there was some work need to before I poured the grease down. Would ask her for more info but I really don't want to deal with her shit anymore
>>
>>18407643
>>18407195
the exfriend lives in the house that belongs to her mother and she originally told her that she poured the grease down. I pissed her off because I accused her of creating a duplicate profile of me and telling a mutual friend that she hit me and so she decided to tell her mom to be a bitch towards me
>>
>>18407643
>Jet fuel can't melt steel beams
Water can't break drain pipes, Anon. That's stupid.
>>
>>18403869
>>18404313
This. Unless her plumbing was cardboard/trailer park teir, one grease dump isnt going to fuck up a sink, this was probably going to break from years of abuse anyway.

Keep the texts, she's obviously psycho and avoid the fuck out of her. If she's made a fake Facebook and is posting shit in your name then you can probably nail her for harrassment/slander a court thats much larger than small claims.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.