[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>search for job offers that DO NOT require any experience

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: craigslist.png (79KB, 800x920px) Image search: [Google]
craigslist.png
79KB, 800x920px
>search for job offers that DO NOT require any experience
>only 22 results in a large city
>17 of which are from the same company, don't give any indication what the job is, and may possibly be outdated, it's not clear
>the rest are definitely impossible for me for various reasons
Why can't I apply for a job cooking burgers at McDonald's without first having minimum 5 years experience cooking burgers at McDonald's?
>>
But you can.
>>
>>18402167
Look for jobs that are hiring seasonal employees. They will lower their standards a bit just to fill positions, and if you work hard enough you'll probably be kept on for year round work.
>>
>>18402170
Not in those search results I can't. McDonald's requires experience. If it didn't, it would be on that page of search results.

>>18402175
I am limited to that page of search results. Those are the job offers that exist in my area without mentioning experience. Are you telling me to narrow down the search even more?
>>
>>18402181
No I'm just offering a tip.
>>
>>18402181
McDonald does not require experience, they also do not advertise work positions on Craigslist much.
You have to go to a Mcdonalds and ask for a work application. I did it before and got a job.
>>
>>18402223
So did I but they said they were only hiring people with experience.
I see restaurants put up "help wanted" signs in their windows all the time. They all require experience, it's written on the sign.
>>
>>18402242
Shit really?
I had literally no prior experience and got hired but that was years ago.
>>
>>18402167

Stop being afraid of the word experience. You're taking it too literally. As someone who has hired for 10 years now, from the part-time seasonal employee all the way up to corporate employees, I can tell you that "experience required" is definitely the first thing we'll waive in an interview. Places like Hollister and Abercrombie have open interviews, and I was much more inclined to hire a kid with a good attitude and no experience than I was someone with two years of register experience that I could tell was just there because his parents told him to look for jobs.

Plus, at your level of experience (none), you need to be out on the streets looking for jobs, or going to the mall and putting in applications, for the most part.

PLUS you clearly don't know how a search engine works, because with the way you entered your search, also "no experience needed" is going to get filtered from your search results.
>>
File: results.png (23KB, 1200x450px) Image search: [Google]
results.png
23KB, 1200x450px
>>18402262
>with the way you entered your search, also "no experience needed" is going to get filtered from your search results.
WOW SO MANY RESULTS!!
>>
File: freddie.jpg (8KB, 258x195px) Image search: [Google]
freddie.jpg
8KB, 258x195px
I was in your position last year OP, stop with the applying online bullshit.
>Get some nice clothes, like slacks and a white shirt.
>Print out your Resume/CV as many times as you think necessary, put it in a nice envelope to make it stand out
>Go from workplace to place workplace.
>Ask for the Manger
>Shake their hand
>Introduce yourself and explain your situation
>Give them a copy of your CV and ask them to consider you even though you have no experience.
Applying online makes no impression and with no experience you are a blank slate, even with experience it is more difficult than going in and meeting with them personally.
What you really need is to make a good impression and for some employer to take pity or a chance with you.

What an employer really wants in places like Mcdonalds or a store is someone who isn't a sperg and not a spinless retard.

It will be a scary thing to do but it makes you stand out among the other hundred who applied online.
>>
>>18402284
Also forgot to mention, apply to places that ask for experience anyway, they may still consider you.
>>
>>18402284
>stop with the applying online bullshit
I asked this before and /adv/ told me to search on Craigslist.
http://archive.4plebs.org/adv/thread/17813553/#q17813846
What is the correct way? All you anons please stop contradicting each other.
>>
>>18402297
Try everything. I would still recommend meeting in person, use online adverts to find places that are looking for people and apply in person.
>>
>>18402284
>someone who isn't a sperg and not a spinless retard.
What if I literally have Asperger's syndrome and I don't know the 「Spin」 at all?
>>
>>18402312
>What if I literally have Asperger's syndrome
Hide it, hide it well.
>>
>>18402282

You're doing it wrong. Go to the jobs section, and do a little fucking research. Stop expecting the search engine to show you everything you're qualified for.

Go to the "retail" section," or the "food/ bev/ hospitality" section, or whatever industries interest you more. Look through each job. I went to your city's Craigslist page and already found dishwasher positions that require no experience (pic related). The retail section had at least two jobs that I saw that made no mention of experience. Apply online, and then go in to the store to follow up on the position. Show you're eager.

You may not have work experience, but you probably have some school/club/volunteer experience you can fall back on.
>>
>>18402242
Lie to them if nothing worse than getting fired can happen!

Try it at least.Fuck those 'experienced burger-flippers'. They deserve it for being full of shit.
>>
you're a bullshitting retard.
fast food places do not require experience, they are entry level jobs. kids from high school work that shit.

if you applied for taco bell, jack in the box, mcdonalds, etc and still haven't been hired then its because you're autistic or something. not due to a "lack of experience"

stop being pathetic
>>
>>18402167
I'll give you a hint. You know those "minimum X years experience" things on job postings? It's a filter. It's not actually there to keep people without experience away. Instead, it's designed to keep low quality, unmotivated people *just like you* away from applying for the job, because recruiters are tired of talking to people who have zero confidence in themselves.
>>
>>18402282
How many listings actively advertise that they lack a requirement? I imagine most listing that lack a requirement just don't list that requirement.
>>
>>18402802
I can see the signs in windows of restaurants, in person, saying "hiring waiters WITH EXPERIENCE", multiple times.
My unverified anecdotal claim cancels out yours :^)

>>18403311
But I already do apply for some of those jobs anyway, and I get rejected. Every time I have an interview in person, they ask me whether I have minimum 5 years experience, I say no, and they say they aren't looking for people without minimum 5 years experience. They have told me this to my face.

>>18403331
I have searched for:
1. listings that do not mention experience in any way.
2. listings that explicitly lack a requirement of experience.
What else is there that doesn't require any experience? If they contain the word "experience" but it's anything other than "no experience required" then it's a requirement of some experience.
>>
Hey anon, I see you live in Montreal. Hit me up, I may have a tip for you.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.