[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it okay to address negative opinions about the company during

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 104937IMG.jpg (252KB, 900x513px) Image search: [Google]
104937IMG.jpg
252KB, 900x513px
Is it okay to address negative opinions about the company during a job interview?

Backstory: in the past few months my current job has turned into churning out piles of documents on the subject I give zero shits about. I started looking for something else. I usually read opinions about the companies I'm applying to, but sometimes I forget to do it.

Today I got a call from an interesting employer - one that I've not researched prior to sending my CV - and was invited for an interview. The job description sounds appealing and the location is okay. However, a brief search of the net revealed that the company is known over legal forums for their rather unethical sales system. It's legal, but abuses the "small letter policy" and the fact that people tend to tl;dr just as you are probably doing right now.

I am apprehensive about having such practices linked to my name and career and do not want to scam people. However, my current boss and his fucking entourage of executive shits are unorganised, dumb as bricks, abusive and manipulative and each day of touching butts with people on a crowded bus to sit and work on investment fund budgeting for 10 fucking hours makes me want to jump onto train tracks more and more.
>>
You can address it but just keep in mind it will most likely affect their chances of hiring you
>>
If it's a publicly know thing, you can address it and mention how you would change it/do things differently. You might come off wrong though
>>
>>18402235
If it's something that would affect your ability to do your job, then yeah, it should definitely affect the results of the interview. You are interviewing them, just like they're interviewing you.
>>
>>18402150

You should definitely bring it up. I have made the mistake in my career of assuming the best out of people - that their selling of the role is genuine, and not just based in the fact they want to profit off of my abilities.

Things like bankruptcy, bad reviews, and more, are something to ask at the end of the interview. Plus, you probably don't want to be in sales anyways.

I'm not sure if my quick story will help, but I came from a Fortune 500 company where I thought I was overworked and shit was wack, and joined a smaller firm in my city. It promised great things - working from home, comparable pay, flexible hours, all that.

But when I got there, they were totally disorganized. They had no idea how to onboard a person, any strategy was murky at best, my bosses weren't available for coaching or clarification on projects, and worst of all, a month and a half in, they hit me with an email that had a document of thousands of websites and told me I should be spending about 20 hours of my week focusing on "business development" and calling them to drum up business.

That's when I quit, and now I'm back at the old company. The grass isn't always greener.
>>
>>18402235
>>18402244
>>18402269
>>18402299
OP here, thank you for your suggestions! I'm willing to take the risk - my job, although shitty, pays my bills. There's no dire need to find anything.

I read your story, >>18402299 , it helped a great deal and I'm sorry you had to go through glorified telemarketing. I recognise that not every job is necessarily a miracle of heavens that it's presented as. However, when you are denied your success fee for obtaining a big grant on the grounds of "you were using office facilities overnight and I had to pay for electricity and other commodities" you may get a little biased.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.