[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hadn't been checking my email at work today except at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1462855932074.png (274KB, 1024x1073px) Image search: [Google]
1462855932074.png
274KB, 1024x1073px
I hadn't been checking my email at work today except at the beginning of my shift. I usually switch my attention to it when I get an alert or something, but didn't see anything today for whatever reason.

Turns out my boss sent a request in the late morning...since I never saw it he ended up cancelling it in the afternoon. He made a second request as well and it never got my attention for it until he messaged me on skype.

Did I fuck up really bad? Or should I just make a note of checking my email more often?
>>
pmub
>>
>>18402139
I don't see the issue here. If you were busy with something else, the boss should know your busy, yeah?
>>
>>18402139

My number one advice to anyone in business is to check your email and reply very promptly - even if it's not with the answer they need, explain what time they should expect a reply given your workload, at least when they are internal emails.

You definitely messed up, but apologize for your lateness in replying, accept you made an error, and explain it won't be an issue going forward. And then, make sure it isn't.

We all have bad days, we're all human, and it's a Friday. Just make steps to fix it.
>>
>>18402354

I was busy but at my desk almost the entire time though. I should have seen his messages but for whatever reason, never happened to.

>>18402360

It might be too late to apologize now but I'll keep this in mind, many thanks.
>>
If it was this urgent he would have called your desk or manager

Don't worry, apologize first thing on monday and ask if he still needs you
>>
>>18402621

H-he was my manager...
>>
>>18402719
So what? He's hierarchically above you and that's all. If he really needed something urgently from you, he'd have called your desk, period. And if he needed and didn't, he's a bad manager.
>>
>>18402730

I guess so? It wasn't that urgent a thing, so I don't think he's that mad. But I did miss out on a chance to prove myself by helping out and I looked bad in the process.

Just really hoping this smallish thing doesn't screw me over, or turn into a habit.
>>
>>18402745
I don't know what you work on, but it's not a huge issue. At the very least he would have dropped you an email about whatever it was after failling to reach you. It's not an once in a lifetime thing too for sure, just reach for him proactively on monday and you'll be good, maybe even better than if you took those calls or whoever helped him (if anyone did)
>>
>>18402730

This is completely untrue. A decent manager (depending on amount of employees) can not be wasting their time following up on whether or not one team member is doing their job. OP's job was to be checking his email and ready for tasks, not doing something else - which was likely shitposting on 4chan.

But again, OP, just take accountability and learn from your mistakes and you'll be cool.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.