[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I literally never, ever get called back from jobs. I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: breesus.jpg (46KB, 500x658px) Image search: [Google]
breesus.jpg
46KB, 500x658px
I literally never, ever get called back from jobs.

I've done this in between 2 summers of high school and now college. All I want is a shit job to make money. One of those Walmart or Best Buy jobs. In my life, I've probably applied to these places literally 100 different times. Not a single callback ever.

These are the places that require hour long 'assesment tests' where they ask questions like "you see a co worker stealing, on a scale of 1-5 how likely are you to intervene" or "i'm a self starter". Am I just awful at these and you need to click only 1 or 5's?

I dont have any past arrests. No failed drug tests. Not even a single parking ticket. any advice appreciated
>>
They don't want wishy washy answers, just a strong 1 or 5. Yeah you probably failed because of that.

And you'll need to answer it from their perspective; it's not "will you intervene" its actually "will WALMART intervene".
>>
>>18399800
If you can't even think like a good employee, then....
>>
The questions aren't the problem.

I can tell you from 3 summers of trying for summer jobs, the key is to annoy the absolute fuck out of them. Call the store about 4 days after you put in the application. If you don't get an interview then, call up again 2 days later, then the next day, and the next day.

When a job gets applications, unless they absolutely need someone, your application goes to the pile, never to be touched lest need be, which may mean a few months, to never.

But if you just call a few times with your name, they'll remember it. And will be a lot more likely to pick that application up, hoping it'll stop your incessant calling.

Trust me, it may seem a little embarrassing or whatever, but this is money we're talking about here.
>>
File: iatethebones.png (1MB, 974x841px) Image search: [Google]
iatethebones.png
1MB, 974x841px
>>18399823
I guess I'll stick to like ones or fives
>>18399825
some of them are obvious like
>employees work less hard once in a while
like that is strongly disagree. i didnt think i was so socially retarded pls no bully
>>
>>18399838
what sucks is these places were out of range for me when I didnt have a car. So one day i walked alongside the highway and tried that honorable "dress nice, ask for manager, firm handshake 'hi my name is'" type. I hit up probably 10 store along a 2 mile stretch, and they all told "just apply online". it was just disheartening.
>>
>>18399800
>These are the places that require hour long 'assesment tests'
HAH. fuck that. don't do any of that shit until you have an appointment to talk to someone about your resume. find out who the hiring manager is, call them or go in and see them, don't take "just go online and do the app" as an answer. if you can't engage that person, and get an interview appointment at least, it means one of two things. you are really bad at interviews and selling your skills, or you shouldn't even be in that soul sucking hellhole and you will hate your life if you did get a job there.

overall, fuck companies that do that shit. it is the most asinine thing ever. those questionnaires should qualify as a violation of the NAP tbqhfam
>>
>>18399855
see
>>18400215
either you're giving up too easy and not asking questions they have to answer to pry their brain open to conversation, or you don't want to be there anyways.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.