[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best advice you've ever gotten from /adv/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: anonadvice.jpg (1MB, 1822x1054px) Image search: [Google]
anonadvice.jpg
1MB, 1822x1054px
What's the best advice you've ever gotten from /adv/? What was the impact of said advice?

On the flip side have you received really bad advice with terrible consequences?
>>
File: 1463174441794.jpg (162KB, 1280x852px) Image search: [Google]
1463174441794.jpg
162KB, 1280x852px
>>18399682
(Sitting at Starbucks trying to work on company stuff. I'm distracted & unmotivated so I'll play ball)

Just gonna spit out the words I carry in my heart.

>Its okay to be sad. We All get sad & depressed. And that's okay. You might feel as if you're in the dark right now. But just remember. Every day has a time of light, & a time of dark. Eventually light comes. Like it or not, the world will continue, with or without you. So accept that you'll be in the dark for a while. Embrace the sadness & depression. Become one with it. Because eventually, the sun will rise and you'll feel warm again

-Woman who's a second mother to me. I was/am dealing with severe depression and burn out during a shift at a pizza job and needed a hug cause I was gonna break.

>I came to this country with 30 dollars. I've been poor, uneducated and defeated. But here I am. Owning my own bar. I've had to pay for my education. I know what it's like to be alone. But you. I see the fire in your eyes. The passion to be more. You can do such great things. But you have to overcome your own short bringings. You come to this event ever year (Game Developer Conference) to win and succeed. And from what I gather, this industry is stupidly hard. No one wins. But you're different. You have a heart and a soul. You're not like all these other people that come into my bar. You come here, you treat me with respect. No one does that here. Everyone just wants. Out of all the people I've served and dealt with, in my last 50 years doing this, you're the only one that offered to hear my story. So this is what you're gonna do. You're gonna beat this depression, you're gonna get over this heart break and you're gonna be a very successful man. I know you're young. You just turned 27 so I'm gonna cover your tab. But only promise me you will not give up. Become the best God damn person you can be. Don't stop sir. I expect to see you here next year. And you better be successful

-Favorite bartender in San Fran
>>
>>18400591
what the fuck, how come every joe in your life is some sort of tony robbins salesman coach type?
>>
>>18400591
you DID make them both proud

r-right ...
>>
>>18400591
>Sitting at Starbucks trying to work on company stuff. I'm distracted & unmotivated so I'll play ball
how the fuck does that starbucks have an IP that isn't perma banned from 4chan?
t. before they got too busy to find a seat, guy that used to pull all nighters working on business at 24h starbucks'
>>
File: 20160918_172622.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20160918_172622.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>18400598
Well that lady was a woman who watched me grew up in the last 13 years. She took me in when I was homeless during high school. Fed me, motivated me and kept pushing me forward during really hard times. At the time of her speech, I work (Still work) at a pizza joint. And life just gets at you, you know? Between school, owning your own start up company, women, being poor just makes you feel discourage.

Life is hard and shit. But she's one of those women that will hit me or throw sandals at me if I fuck up or do something stupid. Tough love and shit. Hence why I call her mom.

>>18400603
Not yet... trying. Both of these happened this year. I have received plenty of other motivational speeches. But it's weird, during times of discouragement, it's hard to call on them.

>>18400694
Actually it was banned. I originally was gonna post it 4 hours prior to posting. But it didn't allow me so I saved it till I got home. I guess my response was more for me than everyone else. It helped me feel nostalgic and keep pushing forward.

I have plenty more if you guys want to hear. Some really big ones I received from last year when I went on a solo backpacking trip through Alaska by myself.

I got my heart broken severely and was on the verge of a mental break down due to being burned out from school and my career. I needed to be a alone for a while and Alaska seemed to be the perfect place at the time.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.